Walmart, etc... holiday layaway?

julz0420

I was actually just about to make a thread on if anyone thought Walmart would do their layaway again and then I get on here and it was just made yesterday!  Hahahaha!!! 

I REALLY hope Walmart starts their layaway a little sooner than they have in the past.  I need more time to be able to pay it off.  I guess its no different than me just saving my money but I would atleast like to go ahead and put some stuff on layaway and get started. 

• Like 1

I agree about expanding the layaway! We were lucky last year (and since I know Walmart trolls this forum I wont say why), but its a big ole pain to get up there and hear "oh its not considered a toy or an electronic, etc"

I love putting stuff in layaway and just going and picking it up after we get the tree up and can warp and put everything under it.

• Like 1

I saw on Walmart Facebook page that they will have layaway beginning August 28th - December 14 and there is a new minimum of $10 instead of $15.  Eligible items include Electronics, Auto Electronics, Large Furniture, Infant Toys, Toys, Select Sporting Goods, Small Appliances, & Jewelry. 

• Like 2

YAY!!! I'll be there ready to get it in!

I'm going to do a small one at TRU since I hate TRU layway rules (remember to pay when I hardly owe a balance, on purpose, is a PITA). And I've already gotten the kids around a dozen presents each. I gotta slow down or I wont have any reason to shop on BF :sidesplit yeah right!

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with the clothing. I've seen a few cute things, not only for my girls and family, but also for me lol ...I haven't put a layaway on yet because I don't have a clue as to what my girls want yet. I guess, I could still get the "family gift" layaway out of the way in the mean time. Edited by mommyofanangelb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our local walmart was part of a pilot program where they actually had year round layaway, starting back around June.. The only thing that couldn't be put on layaway was groceries. lol Everything else was a go. There were no limitations on pricing or anything. It's been really nice having layaway available again.

• Like 4

Our local walmart was part of a pilot program where they actually had year round layaway, starting back around June.. The only thing that couldn't be put on layaway was groceries. lol Everything else was a go. There were no limitations on pricing or anything. It's been really nice having layaway available again.

Omg that would be so nice to have it back year round

• Like 4

I really wanted to take advantage of Walmart's layaway this year.  However, since the each item has to be at least 10.00 it ruled out most of my daughter's stuff.  So far she has wanted My Life clothes and a few accessories and Barbie accessories.  I think I have only bought two items more than 10.00 and I think they were 12 each.  I had hoped that they would allow me to put the stuff for 9.97 on layaway, but they said no it had to be 10.00 after tax!  Kind of crazy.  I honestly think they shouldn't have a minimum amount per item.

I wish that Walmart would bring back their layaway all year and with no restrictions (other than maybe groceries).  I used it all the time for clothes and it would really help for birthdays.

• Like 1

Our local walmart was part of a pilot program where they actually had year round layaway, starting back around June.. The only thing that couldn't be put on layaway was groceries. lol Everything else was a go. There were no limitations on pricing or anything. It's been really nice having layaway available again.

Our Walmart is exactly the same way here in Eastern Kentucky.

• Like 1