Amazon Prime Day July 15th - "More deals than Black Friday"

Brad

Just announced this morning. Details here:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pin15_us_gw_d_airstream_pre-event_GoldBox?_encoding=UTF8&node=11448061011

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

They might have more deals than they did on Black Friday (and to be honest, most of their deals took place in the days before Black Friday, so it's not a huge number they have to beat), but we'll see if the quality of those deals is Black Friday-level.

Also, Target is having their Black Friday in July sale starting on Wednesday of this week.

• Like 1

fantastic will save my bonus points from my amazon card for that day! I got prime in May and have a feeling i will love having it for this and Black Friday (other than that I just use it for streaming mostly since by the month its cheaper than netflix.)

For all the "students" out there, Amazon offers something called "Student Prime."  It is free for the first 6 months and $50 after it expires for 1 year.  I don't know if that continues as you prove that you are still a student or not.  You just need a student email to verify your status.  It does not tie with the student email account (unless you want it to) and works with existing accounts.  I think during the free period you don't get streaming, but I haven't tried it to see yet.

Fingers crossed for an external hard drive. I am in severe need of a new one because the one I keep my music and workout videos on just crashed (luckily all are also in my itunes library). I would order one today if i knew for sure Amazon wasnt going to have a deal on them on the 15th.

I'm here! I'm here!!!

I'm ready for BF already and I'm excited to see what Amazon rolls out Wednesday! Target is also advertising some kind of BF in July sale and I'm currently watching Christmas in July on QVC. LOL 

I'm ready for this forum to start moving cause that will mean its getting closer!!

Edited by julz0420
  • Like 2

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150714005630/en/Prime-Day-Final-Countdown-%E2%80%93-Amazon-Sneak#.VaVLiPm72M9

Deals Preview: The following are examples of some of the deals that will be available at various times throughout Prime Day.

• Fire TV Stick, fastest selling Amazon device of all time, $15 off
  • Kindle, $30 off
  • Fire HD 7, $60 off
  • Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
  • 32-inch LED TV, $75
  • 40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
  • Brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV, under $200
  • 50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
  • Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
  • Chromebook laptop, only $199
  • Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
  • Highly rated binoculars, under $120
  • Two security camera-kits, $279.99
  • K'NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
  • K'NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
  • Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
  • iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
  • Husqvarna mower, under $300
  • 40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
  • Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
  • Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
  • Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
  • Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
  • Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
  • Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
  • Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
  • 30% off select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches & more
  • 60% off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
  • Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
  • Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
  • Get 25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins
  • Prime Now will also offer deals in the six cities where the service is offered

Oh man I have to get in on that fire stick. Thats a great deal not seen since when they were first released since that puts it at $25 (I have one in the bedroom from when they were $20 last Christmas) At $25 and my $10 in points i am saving for tomorrow bringing it to $15 I will totally bite for another one for my computer room tv. I just wish it was an all day deal and not lightening.

Edited by Tigger97498

Oh man I have to get in on that fire stick. Thats a great deal not seen since when they were first released since that puts it at $25 (I have one in the bedroom from when they were $20 last Christmas) At $25 and my $10 in points i am saving for tomorrow bringing it to $15 I will totally bite for another one for my computer room tv. I just wish it was an all day deal and not lightening.

If you don't score one tomorrow (I'm guessing you probably will as they have a ton of them to sell), let me know as I have one here still in box from November that I'm not going to use :)

I think for BF they had a later one too...I'm waiting for chat because Amazon has been really screwy this year. I was able to add something earlier but it didnt let me select size. SO i contacted support and they had me cancel order because they couldnt simply add price. Lightning Deal sold out and I had to contact them again to get exception made. Now TV went into cart through phone app but its not discounting and of course its no longer available or waitlisted. I'm sure they're going to say I'm SOL.. I'm sure that's everyones story

Edited by tinkrbel

I was doing that silly work thing and missed the $75 32 in TV.  I wonder what the chances are of there being another one later.

I'm hoping so!  They have had most of the "big" deals (in my opinion) up and sold out before noon CST.  I'm sure hoping for a 2nd round.

Good luck to all!

My BF works as a picker at the Middletown DE warehouse. Several weeks ago they were told everyone would have mandatory OT this week, no vacations would be allowed, staffing would be at holiday levels, etc.

He left at 2 today, after standing around for about 2 hours with about 20 other pickers because they had nothing to do. Apparently the orders just were not coming in.

the offers have been mostly useless and what good ones they have they don't honor or allow to get to 100%. I'm beyond annoyed that I was on waitlist and they finished deal at 85%. I was refreshing my cart and at no time was offer available to me

• Like 1

I have had a ton of luck! I've bought a dozen Christmas presents. Got a few more things I'm waiting to go live.

The only problem I had was one of the turtle beach headsets not wanting to load in my cart. Other than that, no problems at all but I'm not shopping for a new tv or anything so maybe that's why?