Big Time Score - Michael's

krissy904

Just left Michael's (craft store) in jacksonville Florida. They had at least 6-8 complete aisles of red-stickered clearance items AND an additional 70% off of the lowest price. I got a full basketful of school goodies, paint sets, hobby sets, and all kinds of (perhaps useless, but still fun!) craft items. I think I got about 100 little things to put in my son's kindergarten class "treasure chest" for a big total of 3 cents each! . I also got 5 or 6 oil color sets (complete with paint, brushes, step by step direction books, canvases, mixing tools and palette) that were originally 29.99, reduced to 15.00, reduced again to 5.00, and once more reduced to 3.00, THEN an additional 70% off for a total of 90 cents each! I won't bore anyone with more details, but if you have a Michael's I'd suggest calling them to see if your store has this clearance bonanza. This is without doubt one of the best scores I have hit in a while and it was totally by accident as I just stopped in to buy a bottle of glitter. Whew! I'm worn out just thinking about it. Have fun. I have to go alphabatize my finds.

Wasn't anything nearly as good at my Michael's today. Some leftover Christmas stuff and about half of an aisle of junk. I was bummed.

Wow, I feel bad (heck, even guilty) that no one else is finding their Michael's to be such a deal. If anyone has a specific need (school project, etc.) and they want me to check for items at a low low price, I'd be happy to. Or if I already have the item, I'd be happy to help also. This reminds me of the time when I read several posts about members getting Calphalon sets for a great deal at Target and my Target never did have them on clearance. Anyway, let me know if I can help. I am still so new here and I have read the rules - I hope I didn't overlook anything prohibiting this offer. Have fun. Kristyn