Toshiba laptop $399 @ BB - NO REBATES!!!

RossMAN

Ripped from NotebookReview.com

http://www.presariotalk.com/ToshibaLaptopBB.jpg

Prices vary by region either $399 or $449 out the door with no rebates.

From FW:

Augusta, GA $449

Atlanta, GA $449

FL $399

MD $399

NY $399

Mclean, VA $399

Chicago $399

'Bay area' $399

Pittsburgh, PA $449

NJ $449

MI $449

Southern CA $399 to $449 ( within LA city its $399 but in San Fernando Valley its $449. Some Orange County $399 )

Houston $399

Portland Area $399

This is SOLD OUT on BB's web site, so get to your local BB before they open.

Complete specs

Disclaimer: YMMV

FYI, if it shows up as Sold Out on the site, you can try the old JavaScript trick to add it to your cart. Just go to the product page, and then type this in the address bar of your web browser:

javascript:fnAddItemToCartWithAccessories('1134698319292','7634385')

and then hit enter. It should add it to your cart. This works with many items that BB claims are sold out on the site. I can't guarantee you'll get the order, but it's worth a shot if you really want the laptop.

Thanks OP!!! Great photo. I never seem to get BB flyers in my newspapers or in the mail.

Brad, thanks so much for the java script idea. I truly appreciate it. I used it and it still showed sold out in the NYC area. But it was great for someone to show me an alternative way to get in on a hot deal!

WOW Javascript finally worked! BUGGER! It will only let me buy 1. I need2. I wonder if BB store willbe the same way and only let me purchase1??????:(

They're probably sold out, you have no idea how hot of a price this is for a non-BF laptop. But it's worth a shot.

$399 out the door with no rebates!!!

I am disappointed, finally got that online trick to work and it wouldn't accept my street address. Its silly but we are on a post box system and so the USPS doesn't have our street addresses and BB goes by that....UPS delivers all the time here but I can't get past that stupid page LOL

Thanks The online manuever worked for me! I just ordered one and have no idea if my dh or dd are even going to be interested in it. In San Antonio it was $449. With tax and shipping right at $500. Can I recoup if they don't want it?

Not sure if it worked or not. These are now showing up as available online. No longer showing SOLD OUT

Luck you.

Are these gifts or for your kids?

I'm back home with 2 happy boys on 2 new laptops! The salesman surewas grumpy when I didn't want to pay for this plan and that plan...

My sons are homeschooled and doing distance computer curriculum in September. A new computer sure is motivating. :)

DID I MENTION I LOVE GOTTADEAL?

Just got a $50 PM on this laptop. My local store had it for $449, but a store about 45 minutes away was advertising it for the $399 price. Manager said no problem, only took about 2 minutes.

Found a good deal to upgrade the RAM on this to 1 GB as well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146084

Went with the two 512MB modules to take advantage of the dual-channel benefits of DDR2 RAM.

For under $500, this is an absolute steal.

Just got a $50 PM on this laptop. My local store had it for $449, but a store about 45 minutes away was advertising it for the $399 price. Manager said no problem, only took about 2 minutes.

Found a good deal to upgrade the RAM on this to 1 GB as well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146084

Went with the two 512MB modules to take advantage of the dual-channel benefits of DDR2 RAM.

For under $500, this is an absolute steal.

If I wanted to drive down to Chicago (7 hrs), I could've got them(2) for $399, but I think I'd spend $100 on gas and extras.....and i'd have some fun too while I'm in the windy city. That's not cheap. : )

I should've had them upgrade the RAM while I was there for $50 each notebook, I thought I'd take it home and see if the kids really needed it for their stuff or not. They need it. It's always at 80-90% used. Now I'd have to pay the geek squad $60 each to install. No way.

How difficult is it to put extra 256 cards in? Is it just in the back or do I have to open up the computer? Should I pay a pro to do it or can I?

same up here on the peninsula...my DH has his eye on something called an "Alien"? *sigh*

That would be Alienware which is a little confusing.

This is a great bargain and Alienware is VERY overpriced for what you get. Yes they're great cases, killer designs, awesome specs but look at the price tag for what you're getting.

I'd rather buy a Dell, HP, or Toshiba for a lot less money.