Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Simple video/photo (free) editing tool

4 replies to this topic

#1 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 19, 2015 - 1:34 pm

So... two coworkers got engaged last week... in a very romantic, costumed, public, and well documented proposal...  I (the resident techno geek) was asked if I could piece together all of the random cell phone videos into something they could play on their DVD player.

I am not as much of a geek as they think....  so I have created a folder in google drive and I am dumping all the media I can into it... still photos, cell phone videos...  a word file of a poem...  and plan on putting it together to music... and believe it or not, I have never done this... so... no time like the present... what should I use?

we run a couple of old Macs, and a cheap PC...  so processing power is somewhat limited.  I'd like to be able to splice together shots, and add a soundtrack.

I am turning to you since I think google will be overwhelming.

thoughts?

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

#2 kranky  OFFLINE  

kranky

• 3,686 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 20, 2015 - 1:50 pm

I would try Windows Movie Maker. http://windows.micro...ive/movie-maker

#3 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 22, 2015 - 9:50 am

Windows Movie Maker is definitely a good place to start.

Free Video editing can be tough because of the need for proprietary codecs.

I use OpenShot, but it also only runs on Linux, so you would have to run that first...

http://openshot.org/

#4 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 23, 2015 - 11:09 am

And Linux can be had for free and run alongside Windows in a dual boot scenario (never tried it on a Mac, but maybe there too?).  What's Ubuntu up to these days, version 14?  That was crazy easy to install when I went that route last fall on a couple PCs in my house.

Man, this sounds like a really cool project.  I'm picturing the screen fracturing into the different cell phone camera records as they start/stop, all synchronized.  I have NO idea how to make that happen of course, but I think it would be awesome.  :)

Edited by Pnambic, Mar 23, 2015 - 11:11 am.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#5 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 23, 2015 - 12:30 pm

I could always sub contract the project out to you.. .and you could manipulate the fractured screens :)

And Linux can be had for free and run alongside Windows in a dual boot scenario (never tried it on a Mac, but maybe there too?).  What's Ubuntu up to these days, version 14?  That was crazy easy to install when I went that route last fall on a couple PCs in my house.

Man, this sounds like a really cool project.  I'm picturing the screen fracturing into the different cell phone camera records as they start/stop, all synchronized.  I have NO idea how to make that happen of course, but I think it would be awesome.  :)

It was a public, romantic, gesture... so I am also beginning to think about the appropriate soundtrack...   I know she likes country music... don't know what he likes... but he was in a knights costume... so something....... knightly. 

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users