Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

>>> Official PLAYSTATION 3 Discussion Thread <<<

1290 replies to this topic

#31 Zain  OFFLINE  

Zain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 11, 2006 - 6:32 pm

Do you guys think this will be possible with the Wii?

#32 kboyts  OFFLINE  

kboyts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 11, 2006 - 6:35 pm

Do you guys think this will be possible with the Wii?

Probably not. PS3 release numbers are rumored to be around 400,00 I think, were as the Nintendo is expecting to have around 4 million units released by christmas. So getting a Wii shouldnt be as difficult.

#33 LynnP  OFFLINE  

LynnP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 11, 2006 - 10:32 pm

Missed out on this. :mad: Went to both EB games and Games Stop...Pre orders were already filled.

#34 Josher5513  OFFLINE  

Josher5513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 11, 2006 - 10:56 pm

I was just flipping thru the channels & on tech tv I beleive it was they was talking about PS3 & people pre ordering, putting a 100 deposit to get one & said even if you do this, there is no guarentee you will get one. I dont know if this is true or not but just reporting what I heard on the tv.

This is very true, and has happend to me.. Back during the PS2 launch, I was one of the very first to make it on a pre-order list at EBGames, I think it was.. Well, I luckily (thanks to my mom) got one around launch day from WalMart, but the one I pre-ordered a long time beforehand didn't come in until 7 or 8 months afterwards, when I finally got the phone call!

#35 happysunshine28  OFFLINE  

happysunshine28

• 4,316 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 6:44 pm

I need some help, I have never had to get a an item when they first came out my son told me today that he wants a ps3 instead of a laptop. Is it possible to try to get one this late, I missed the pre-orders. I would really like to try to get one at a retailer not on ebay.

#36 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:12 pm

I need some help, I have never had to get a an item when they first came out my son told me today that he wants a ps3 instead of a laptop. Is it possible to try to get one this late, I missed the pre-orders. I would really like to try to get one at a retailer not on ebay.

Your best bet is to tell your son that you don't always get what you want. ;)

I believe Toys R Us has not yet taken preorders, so that's a possibility. If you want in on a Toys R Us preorder, you're going to have to camp out for it.

If you don't get a pre-order, there are some retailers that will be selling them that don't take preorders - i.e. Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart. You'll probably need to camp out two days in advance to have a good shot at getting one from one of them.

#37 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:15 pm

Yes it is possible but you will most likely have to get it on release date. Our Walmart guy I talked to the other day and he was able to tell me how many they were going to get. He figured if I got there 24 hours before that I will get one. At least I will be armed with the information of how many they predict so if I see more people in line than that I don't need to bother. He said as it stands now they are releasing at midnight not that morning. I would figure out where you want to try and get it and talk to someone in that department. It just takes talking to the right person to actually figure out what is going on.

#38 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:49 pm

happysunshine28, Yes you can still get one but you'll have to camp out for it, I hope you have very comfortable shoes.

#39 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:52 pm

Just out of curiousity for those of you that braved the 360 last year. How long ahead of time did you camp out?

#40 Josher5513  OFFLINE  

Josher5513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 8:08 pm

Just out of curiousity for those of you that braved the 360 last year. How long ahead of time did you camp out?

I remember walking in BB the morning before they came out, and people were already camped out (mostly in the way of people trying to get in/out of the store). As crazy as it seemed to me back then, I'm considering it for the PS3

#41 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 8:14 pm

I remember walking in BB the morning before they came out, and people were already camped out (mostly in the way of people trying to get in/out of the store). As crazy as it seemed to me back then, I'm considering it for the PS3

Ya I am doing at least 24 hours ahead of time. I really hope it is enough. :eyepoppin

#42 happysunshine28  OFFLINE  

happysunshine28

• 4,316 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 10:09 pm

Your best bet is to tell your son that you don't always get what you want. ;)

I believe Toys R Us has not yet taken preorders, so that's a possibility. If you want in on a Toys R Us preorder, you're going to have to camp out for it.

If you don't get a pre-order, there are some retailers that will be selling them that don't take preorders - i.e. Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart. You'll probably need to camp out two days in advance to have a good shot at getting one from one of them.

I told him that I probably wouldnt be able to get it. I went as far as calling my mom to call and asked her if her sister who works a wally world could get one for me, they do not allow employees to get the merchandise before it goes to the floor, so that is out. But she said she would try.

I dont think camping out is something I am going to do, looks like I know what to get my son next year.

#43 flea  OFFLINE  

flea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 5:48 am

Yes it is possible but you will most likely have to get it on release date. Our Walmart guy I talked to the other day and he was able to tell me how many they were going to get. He figured if I got there 24 hours before that I will get one. At least I will be armed with the information of how many they predict so if I see more people in line than that I don't need to bother. He said as it stands now they are releasing at midnight not that morning. I would figure out where you want to try and get it and talk to someone in that department. It just takes talking to the right person to actually figure out what is going on.

I tried talking to someone at Target yesterday and he was totally clueless. He worked in that area and didnt even know what I was talking about. I had to point to the display.

#44 flea  OFFLINE  

flea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 5:49 am

Ya I am doing at least 24 hours ahead of time. I really hope it is enough. :eyepoppin

I'm going to try 24 hours ahead of time too. I am NOT going to camp for 2 days though.

How do the 24 hour walmarts handle this?

#45 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 2:37 pm

Ok, I have a stupid question:confused: When camping out for the ps3, can my mom get in line for me and then me take her place later?

#46 Mara  OFFLINE  

Mara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 5:34 pm

Ok, I have a stupid question:confused: When camping out for the ps3, can my mom get in line for me and then me take her place later?

Sure as long as she isn't in line and then lets you in line and you both get one. Swapping off is ok

Mara

#47 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 7:17 pm

Sure as long as she isn't in line and then lets you in line and you both get one. Swapping off is ok

Mara

Yeah, just have her mention to the people around her that you're going to switch with her later, they shouldn't mind. Now if you try to let people cut in front of other people, then you're asking for a beat-down.

I hope you appreciate your mom. ;)

#48 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2006 - 11:55 am

Yeah, just have her mention to the people around her that you're going to switch with her later, they shouldn't mind. Now if you try to let people cut in front of other people, then you're asking for a beat-down.

I hope you appreciate your mom. ;)

I do appreciate her! :D But the ps3 is for MY son her 1st grandson who is 16, so she agreed to stand in line for it for him until I get off of work since she doesn't work! Just wanted to make sure that was all right etique wise!! ;)

#49 rae662000  OFFLINE  

rae662000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2006 - 12:41 pm

I understand how 24 hr Walmarts handle this releasing on midnight but how do the other ones that close down handle it.

#50 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2006 - 3:07 pm

Well my walmart which closes at 9 opened back up at midnight just to take the orders for the xbox360.PPl started lining up at like 5pm that night to get one.

#51 rae662000  OFFLINE  

rae662000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2006 - 8:45 pm

Thanks deal grabber I'll make note of that.

#52 rae662000  OFFLINE  

rae662000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2006 - 9:10 pm

So have you guys heard toys r us is taking preorders for ps3 on Oct 29th to coincide with the big book of toy date?

#53 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 20, 2006 - 8:43 am

So for Walmarts that are opened 24 hours, does that mean it's going to be going on sale Thursday night(the 16th) at Midnight(the 17th) (Technically Friday.) I'm really really debating now to camp out for one at midnight, and my boss makes the November schedule soon so I need to figure out which day(s) I need to request off. She's going to hate me for the month of November.. I want these dates off PLUS Black Friday!

#54 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 20, 2006 - 11:21 am

So have you guys heard toys r us is taking preorders for ps3 on Oct 29th to coincide with the big book of toy date?

Called my local TRU and she said that they do not know as of yet. She said to call back at the first of the week. Apparently TRU does not do presales till they know how many of something they will get from the manufactorer.

#55 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2006 - 11:54 am

Called my local TRU and she said that they do not know as of yet. She said to call back at the first of the week. Apparently TRU does not do presales till they know how many of something they will get from the manufactorer.

And so far the manufacturer doesn't even know how many they'll be able to make. ;)
http://www.bloomberg...Tr_M&refer=home

#56 rae662000  OFFLINE  

rae662000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 20, 2006 - 12:06 pm

Just got a call from EBGames saying that Sony is going to bundle a blueray movie Talladega Nights with this release....:D

#57 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 22, 2006 - 2:17 pm

So, what does everyone that is standing in line for 24 hours to get one planning to do while waiting?

#58 luv2shopnc  OFFLINE  

luv2shopnc

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 24, 2006 - 5:13 am

I guess I will be camping out 2x, once for PS3 and for BF!

#59 momof5plus1hubby  OFFLINE  

momof5plus1hubby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 24, 2006 - 7:09 am

I talked to the guy at my EB Games. He told me he won't get any in at all. He also said "To be quite honest I would not buy one" I ask "Why" he then says "Well they don't have a system working with the blue ray" and "There are going to be alot of upset people" So I guess I am going to wait untill after they come out and the holidays to see if he was right..

#60 mom04  OFFLINE  

mom04

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2006 - 12:26 pm

Just a heads up for those who may not know..Costco .com will have the Also..we will be getting this in the stores Nintendo Wii™ Coming Soon To costco.com Features: Motion sensing Wii™ Remote Backwards compatibility with Nintendo GameCube The Virtual Console provides downloadable access to Nintendo games from the NES®, Super NES®, and Nintendo 64®. Will also feature "best of" selection of games from Sega Genesis®, and TurboGrafx™ Expected Titles Available Fourth Quarter 2006: The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess Wii™ Sports Excite Truck™ Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam™ Madden NFL™ '07 Sonic The Hedgehog™ Final Fantasy® Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers™ WarioWare™: Smooth Moves Red Steel™ Super Mario Galaxy Call of Duty® 3 Metroid® Prime 3: Corruption -------------------------------------------------------------------- Sony PlayStation® 3 Coming Soon To costco.com Features: CPU: Cell Processor GPU: RSX™ Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing) Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM Communication: Ethernet (x1 / 10BASE-T, 100BASE-T, 1000BASE-T) IEEE 802.11b/g Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR) Available with either a 20GB and 60GB hard drive Expected Titles Available Fourth Quarter 2006: Resistance: Fall of Man Need For Speed: Carbon Call of Duty 3 Madden NFL ‘07 NBA Live 07 Tiger Woods PGA Tour ‘07 Tony Hawk’s Project 8 Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users