Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Unofficial "What Did You Return?" Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2014 - 10:05 am

There is a lot of talk about the volume of returns and their impact on merchants' bottom lines.

I have three 'tentative' gifts that decided not to give (bought an alternative gift  anticipating a late arrival), but we will not be returning anything.

If you returned something, please share the item, the reason for the return, the store the item was returned to, and your return experience. 

#2 Stowasser  ONLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,930 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2014 - 10:12 pm

Returned Sims 4 to Target as I found it $10 cheaper on Amazon, no problems, maybe took a minute.  Have to call Kohls as one clothing item didn't show up and didn't realize until was looking through gifts and couldn't find it but says it was in the order, that it never came but they are usually really good at crediting back.   Oh, I got a pillow from Kohls instead of a mixer, not a return but that was kinda of a shock.  I am thinking someone got a mixer instead of a pillow.  They were so nice about it on the phone and got to keep the Kohls cash and the pillow.  That is all we returned this holiday (yet LOL)

#3 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 31, 2014 - 7:23 am

I ended up exchanging one sweater for a bigger size and I have one more to exchange if I can find the same color. (I don't want my mother to know I'm returning it.) I had to return an armband that won't fit my phone and headphones that aren't going to work. That part is extra annoying because I put the things I wanted on my Amazon Wish List but my mom went with other styles. I also need to exchange a pillow I got from Amazon because it has a rip in it.

As far as I know, none of the things I gifted are being exchanged. This is an obvious testament to my superb gift-giving skills!  :banana01:

"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#4 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 31, 2014 - 2:46 pm

season three for season five of the vampire diaries at Target ordered the wrong season on Black friday no problems at all 

#5 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 45,350 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2015 - 5:58 am

I would like to return all the extra pounds I gained eating all those Christmas cookies! ;)

#6 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2015 - 7:08 am

A building for part of our village set up from a craft store. My husband gave it to me as a gift. After I opened it we could tell someone else had returned it. It was broken in many places and didn't work.

For place mats my husband picked out at JCP. He thought they all matched but didn't. They were the same color but had different patterns lol, he said he noticed when he wrapped them.

An Olaf/Frozen watch from Kohls for my youngest. One of the buttons didn't work so it couldn't be programmed. As we were walking to the toy area to pick out something else he found a different Olaf watch. It was on sale so he had credit enough to get that and 4 of the Kohls cares items that were on sale.

Two items didn't show up in time. One my husband ordered for me, that arrived yesterday. Another I ordered from the Packer ProShop that hasn't arrived yet, nor have I got notice of shipping. We figure we have Valentine's Day done now. Both gifts are about the same price. lmao

:cheese:

#7 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 1, 2015 - 1:13 pm

returned a portable speaker at tj max, at first we wanted to exchange it , for the same product, they had no more in the store, so had to return it(would really rather of had the item) well the first woman who told us she could return it and without receipt we would not get tax back, so we looked for another and then brought it back to the counter and a different lady was quite rude and said we needed the receipt.. so we had the giver send a copy of receipt via phone.. she could not scan it and said she would give us 20 measly bucks.. she seemed shocked we did not take it ..WTF the receipt  showed more then double that was paid! so we drove home , got reciept and the guy gave us the full amount and seemed to think the other lady should have given us the full amount before, she could see the receipt , just could not scan it.

other thing i returned was best buy and they were very friendly,and explained they normally dont take xbox $ cards back, even though they were not opened or anything as some have codes on back, though mine were a 4 pack , their policy is not to take them back.. but they did,and were polite and friendly. i ordered 2 of the same item,, and shoudl have done it a different way, but ordered the first on paypal then wanted to use their gift card and ordered the second set , using gift cards. then they get get over another 100 bucks in gift cards for best buy on christmas. lol

i also had an order from kohls come and had a small womans tee shirt in place of an item i ordered... now i think like the person above.. someone ordering a small womens shirt must have gotten my item! but they were friendly and refunded the item i wanted, and said to keep the shirt as well.

#8 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 2, 2015 - 9:02 am

Returned 2 dvds to Walmart as they were duplicates, the kids received 2 of them for Christmas.

#9 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 6,814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2015 - 9:44 am

I had no problem returning anything.  I tried to return a DVD to Walmart that I had bought at Target, even apologized that I didn't realize I had bought it at another store.  Walmart CS told me she'd take it anyway and put it on a gift card.  Said, thanks but no thanks, I wanted the refund so I returned it to Target.  

#10 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,604 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 5, 2015 - 11:48 am

We haven't had to return anything this year. :)

#11 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 1,795 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 5, 2015 - 12:22 pm

Returned a light from Lowes but it was not a Christmas item.  Bummer was I had to go through my receipts to find the right one and by the time I returned it, the receipt was not in the bag.  Very frustrating after spending time looking for it but got store credit

#12 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,547 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2015 - 10:03 pm

I returned the Food Network Wine Chiller I gave the family as a Hanukkah gift.  It worked great the first two times, and then it started heating the wine up instead of chilling it.  How disappointing.

#13 HomeinKS  OFFLINE  

HomeinKS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 3, 2015 - 9:00 pm

I returned a couple of the 19.99 sale price on Black Friday fuzzy blankets from Target.  One because I bought my daughter a different style blanket in a color she would like better from Target, and the other because we did not need it.   My daugter also exchanged the heated throw I bought her for a different color (another Target purchase).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users