Christmas Items clearance thread

artesian

So I am a sucker for Christmas items on clearance. I love to score my decorations and lights in the 75% range. The key is getting the first day of those items once the reach the ulitmate savings zone.  Here is my list of stores that are on my radar. If anyone would like to post city/state and store maybe we can all benefit from tracking to get those deep discounts. I don't anticipate seeing anything update here until right around Christmas

Home Depot

Sears

Target

Walgreens

Walmart

Insert others here

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Went to three Targets and three Walmarts today! (4 of the 6 are in a neighboring town). Except for the cold, which I love, the weather was sunny and the gas was cheap so I went.  I've never done this before  because the weather is usually bad this time of year. All the Targets were 70% and the Walmart 75% although none of the Walmarts were signed 75% off. Had a great time and got tons of stuff for the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child for next year. 2 of the 3 Targets had tons of great stuff left in the dollar spot for 70% off.

Michaels went 80% off today but it's not signed. Mega Blocks (Barbie, Hello Kitty, Truck, SpongeBob) and even all the Christmas books are ringing up 80% off!! You never find nice Christmas books for that price-even the Lego Christmas one! There's also the $5 off $25 coupon which works on all the Christmas clearance but not the books. Also some of the stocking stuffer stuff is ringing up .10! Some of it was marked down to .50 and it looks like the 80% was taken from that-it's hit and miss (jacks sets, scento markers are .20, scento bubbles are .20, my little pony type crayons were .10, etc....). Scan, scan, scan!!!

CVS was 75% this afternoon when I stopped in for milk.The ONLY Christmas clearance shopping I did this year. I got 2 big rolls of paper (one for $1.99 the other for $1.49 but I like the really long rolls of paper for wrapping those large gifts) 2 bags of the Reese's bells at .99 each and a bag of pretzel M&Ms for 1.07.

I didn't have the energy-mental or physical-for Target this year :no:
That's the best I could do.

Our Hobby Lobby had a lot of Christmas stuff at 80% off and certain big stuff just marked at specific clearance prices. I got some really nice bags and they had some super nice Christmas tree skirts that matched some ornament sets I got at 75% at Wal Mart.

I was at our kmart yesterday morning and it had been 75% off for a few days. I bought a lot of paper at 1.19 a roll. They had a lot left of everything. I then went over to walmart and they were at 75% off also. I bought a lot more paper at 1.25 for 4 packs. i got 14 rolls of paper for next year. I guess I don't need to hit shopko now. They are still at 70% off there. . 

My Kmart was 70% off yesterday.  They had a huge selection left of wrapping paper.  4 packs were originally $8.99 making them $2.69.  Long, big single rolls originally $4.99 and $5.99 for $1.49 and $1.79.  I couldn't get over the selection that was left.  It looks like they didn't sell any of it before the 70% off.  I got to restock for the next few years.  I was happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Walmart today and all those Planters holiday nuts were in the Christmas area. They rang up at $6.00 so I asked the clerk back there. She said they should be 90% off. Supposedly she checked with someone and came back and said yes just tell the cashier to override it. Since they didn't have a regular price on it and didn't say on the scanner I got the Holiday Cocoa Almonds (14 oz) and the Holiday Tin (peanuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios) for .60 each!!!! I got the Brittle Nut Medley (1 lb 3.25 oz) for 1.00 each. I got 13 tins, 24 almonds and 4 brittle nuts. After I spread them out between my mom, son, brother and sister I have a friend with nine kids, on a low income, that will certainly want some. And I didn't even make that big of a dent in the supply on the shelves. They had tons.

Oops, I actually didn't ask her. I told her that the nuts ring up at $6 so maybe she should pull the sign on it. That's when she said she thought they should be included in the 90%. That's when she checked. The reason I told her is because a few days ago the same thing happened with all the glade and febreeze products. She swore they were 90% off and the guy at the register tried to verify it but no one seemed to care to go back and check or even tell her they weren't so they just gave them to me at 90% off. I saw today there was a $4.00 sign for what's left. So I'm not sure those nuts should have been included but if that's what they want to do, even after I tell them I doubt they are supposed to be, that's fine with me!

• 2 weeks later...

Dillards must be having a hard time getting rid of Christmas stuff. A little over a week ago it was all $1.99 (even $60.00 tree skirts). Last Monday it was $1.00 and then is was not displayed for a few days. Stopped in on Friday and it was back again and it was 3/$1.00!!! I spent $70 dollars! lol Got a bunch of stuff that might be able to be used at a nursing home as nothing was fragile and my friend works at one. There were lots of felt type ornaments. Personally, I like them and will be keeping quite a bit of the stuff I got. It was fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...