Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Car bluetooth help...

3 replies to this topic

#1 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 30, 2014 - 12:51 pm

My husband has a 2011 Nissan Sentra. It came with a charger/adapter thing so he could listen to Pandora etc. with his iphone 4s. We have upgraded to the iphone 6 and that adapter doesn't work with the new phone.

He ordered an adapter through Amazon that was suppose to work with the 6 but didn't so he sent it back. They later changed the description to say only iphone 5 and 5s.

I'm not sure what to get. I'm going to try and sneak out there to get a picture.

If I could find something that's bluetooth compatible that'd be great.

ETA- For some reason I can't post any pictures.

Edited by shopping4my3son, Nov 30, 2014 - 1:01 pm.

:cheese:

#2 Carazariah  OFFLINE  

Carazariah

Looking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 4, 2014 - 12:43 pm

I'm sure there are iphone 6 adapters around but the other way around this if you don't have a simple Line in on the radio, is something like this.

http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Plug a standard audio jack from the iPhone6 to the Input on this device then it will wirelessly transmit whatever the phone is playing over a fm station you can listen to.  That should bypass other incompatiblities, but you won't have some of the skip and other features that may have worked with the 30pin connection on the iPhone4.

Good luck!

C

~The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. ~  GW

#3 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 6, 2014 - 6:21 am

If he has bluetooth on the car already, it may not support A2DP which allows streaming over bluetooth.  You may need a device that supports it.  The Iphone 6 ships with Bluetooth 4.0 which supports A2DP.  The car may not.

#4 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2014 - 7:22 pm

Thanks.

I did find the right cord at Walmart.

:cheese:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users