$399 AR Clearance laptops at Circuit City

Mike

Circuit City has 2 clearance laptops on sale. They are both $499 with a $100 mail in rebate. If you can get your hands on a 10% off coupon, that knocks another 50 bucks off.

Toshiba L25s119

Celeron M

15" TruBrite Display

256mb DDR

60GB

DVD/CDRW

Compaq M2305NR

Sempron

15" BrightView Display

512mb DDR

60GB

DVD/CDRW

YMMV, your local store shouldn't have these left, but its worth a shot next time you're in a CC.

Added links to manufacturers specifications - RossMAN

Thanks for adding the links Ross. The Compaq is a steal IMO, and the Toshiba isn't bad either with just needing a upgrade in RAM to make a decent little machine.

I wouldn't advise calling your local store for those of you thinking of doing it. Ross, Ill check your stores tomorrow for you.

:banana01: Thanks for the deal info CheapArse and the link Rossman! Just got back from purchasing the Toshiba for my teenage son. Went to our local CC @ 10am when they opened. None in stock. CC searched their computer for the Compaq which was SOLD OUT throughout Minnesota. Found 1 "open box" Toshiba 1 hour from our home, and he bought it. Price came up @ $449 with no rebate since it was an "open box". My son is thrilled to own his first lappy:sidesplit :sidesplit Just hope I steered him in the right direction with this deal. Seems like a very good value to me and hopefully will meet his needs. Now I need to find the forum advising on antivirus and spyware to protect his investment. GOTTA LOVE GOTTADEAL!:hearthrob

If you call, there is a chance that if the store has it they won't let you buy it. They lose money on each one and/or an employee might buy it when he/she sees the price.

Cathy, you can still get the rebate. If there was no UPC barcode with the open box, use the little Circuit City "Open Box" print out that comes with it as your proof of purchase along with the receipt. This won't work for a manufacture's rebate, but the $100 is from CC.