PetSmart

purplefenix

Tried to go this morning - the line wrapped around the building. Drove by again a little while ago, not a spot in the parking lot.

And yes, it seemed like people were walking out with carts and carts of kitty litter.

Went to PetCo instead. They were deserted, as I excepted from their totally lackluster ad, but I was going more because to give my dog an outing than anything else. Yes I'm weird.

We were discussing in my line that they need to think about setting a limit on how much kitty litter a person can get. The lady in front off me got 30 tubs of it! And she wasn't the only one walking out with pallets of it! I was able to get what I wanted and was out the door in 30 minutes. I need to go back and get cat food since I didn't bother with that this morning.

This was my first year at Petsmart. I loved that everyone was civil and there wasn't any panic ... It was like I was kickin' it ole school Black Friday! Scored with cat litter and cute cute for the puppy! Will be Friday morning 1st every year now

I got 25 pails two years ago on BF because they were only $3.99 (on sale for 7.99 with an extra $4 instant coupon on Pet Perks). I just opened my last pail of that batch (and in the last year we moved to NC from PA...the movers were laughing at the amount of litter). I got 12 pails and that should last the year with 4 cats.

I got there around 6:58 with the DD4 & DS3 in tow.  We camped out for a whole 30-35 seconds before the doors opened.  I figure we were about 80 in line as there were only a few dozen stockings/scratch-offs left to be handed out after us; so if you weren't in line by 7:01, you missed out on those.

They could barely restock the pallets on litter on the floor fast enough for how much they were disappearing. Of course there's only about 25 carts for the entire store, so being 80th you can imagine how easily I DIDN'T get one. Knowing the kids wouldn't last just standing around 20 minutes for a cart, I grabbed my 3 tubs (dragging 2 across the floor by the handle and carrying the other) and headed back to cat food.  Scratch off: $5 off $50. I had already planned on $35.04 to get the $5 Bonus Bucks, but now had to get another $15 (since it only costs you $10).  Grabbed a few extra cans of food, a few cat toys, and another tub of litter.  And, oh look, an abandoned cart.  Snagged that before my ENTIRE back was useless.

Checkout was ridiculous.  There was a long line leading up to the registers and I got behind that (like every BF shopper has been trained to do).  However, there's also lines coming down each of the aisles leading up to the 4 registers.  After 15 minutes of 3 people going through each register and our main line only getting 1 person in, the manager finally goes to direct traffic and funnel our line in front of those that were line-jumping through the aisles.  Other than checkout, all went as planned.

Oh, and already purchased the aquarium 50% off & filter 50% off with an extra 20% off (due to a leftover coupon :)) online Wednesday night for store pickup.  I got the pickup email later that morning, but that's fine because I wasn't about to load those items today with the kids with me anyway.

• Like 1

Bought the 25 oz bags of Beggin strips. Regularly $11.99.  On sale for $5.49.  Had MQ $3/2 coupons. Bought 6 bags.  My furbabies are stocked on their favorite treat.    Also got them sweaters and toys for their santa gift under the tree.    I had already bought tons of toys at menards earlier so they are set

am I the only one who goes there with the purpose of shopping for my dogs and not to buy any cat litter

Let's just say if they had a checkout line for those not buying cat litter, you'd be out in no time!  Plus, with 50% off pets.....I'm curious how many were adopted today!

am I the only one who goes there with the purpose of shopping for my dogs and not to buy any cat litter

There was an older gentleman who walks in as I'm checking out and a lady with 30 tubs just walked out.  He says..."must be a good deal on cat litter".  He must be a dog person, lol.  Although me being a cat person I had no clue on the dog stuff, but it was quite obvious the big deal was on the cat litter.