Advice on Amazon Lightning Deals

Nat1128

I'm not knocking Amazon at all, I love it. I'm a Prime member and besides the grocery store it's where I spend most of my discretionary income. However, before purchasing any lightning deal I take advantage of the 15 minute window to do two things:

#1 I go to the item page itself just to make sure there isn't another option/color that isn't even cheaper or more of a preference  than the one offered on the lightning deal. This is an example I just came across and was the catalyst for this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050JQQOU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_6282_04897946?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=15FHN4SBPJYXEKQRD4GT&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1980506282

You'll see the red option is the "lightning deal" but if you click on the blue option it's like a dollar less, but you would never know that if you didn't go to the product's page.

#2 I google the item to see if the lighting deal price is, in fact actually a "deal". I considered getting this for my husband, but then when I googled I saw they had it at a few stores for the same price as the "Lightning Deal" of $69. The main page says $89, but if you are reading this very soon after I post it you might still be able to find it listed in the deals.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JB8OW42/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_6282_8766605a?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=1S3SES6S4ZPSP0W80287&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1980506282

I'm sure others have mentioned these issues before, but I felt they were worth bring up again. I hate to see people spend money thinking they are getting a deal when they aren't

Edited by Nat112875
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...