Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Cant connect to internet anymore.......

2 replies to this topic

#1 mudd274  OFFLINE  

mudd274

lost in cyber deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 27, 2014 - 2:18 am

I have a Toshiba laptop that has been hooked to my network wirelessly until about a month ago. It quit connecting. I was able to hook up by running cable for a while but now it has quit. I cant get it to hook up. It just sits and loops or tries to connect. How can I tell if its a virus or maybe a network adaptor problem? This is an old laptop running Windows 7 and the virus scan comes out clean.

Live in Maid for 2 birds and 2 dogs. They allow me to live in their home rent free. Pays not good but the benefits are priceless. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

#2 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 27, 2014 - 1:08 pm

Did you update any drivers on your computer or the firmware on your router?  Have you changed any network security settings?

#3 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2014 - 9:47 pm

What antivirus are you running and when was it last updated?

Give us your make and model of laptop and we can try to track down the specific network adapter drivers for you.

Also, what browser are you using and do you have a bunch of toolbars installed? Can you take a pic of the browser window and show us?

Edited by Pnambic, Nov 28, 2014 - 9:48 pm.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users