Wal Mart Pre-Black Friday ad is live

worktomuch

I got the TV - in store pickup - and went through the entire process of checking out (no easy feat!). Now, 3 hours later, I just received an email cancelling my order. This is why I hate Walmart. I knew better than to order from there. Plus, they cancelled the TV, but not the warranty. So, now to top it all off, I have to call them!

Yep, placed my order for the TV at 6:28 and it was cancelled at 11:30. There was no way for me to get there this morning to buy it in person either. Do they generally do anything in response to complaints for stuff like this? The reason stated for cancellation was there was no stock left in store when they were preparing my order for pickup.

I was able to get a tv this morning.  At first they said that they only had 3 (I was number 5) but then they said they just unloaded 7 from the truck.  The manager said that the people who ordered online were mistakenly able to do so but all orders were being cancelled. 

I got to Walmart this morning at 6, was 5th in line. The store got 7 of the TV's in, 6 of the Elements and 1 of the Emerson. I got 1 of the Elements units, which I put in my office, and it's a really good looking tv so far, way exceeding my expectations! It was funny to hear the people that got their at 8am complaining they didn't have more units. What were they expecting for the price they had on the things and the ad CLEARLY stated limited quantinties? A lady called corporate offices, another lady pitched a temper tantrum......funny thing is the 7 of us who got the TV's were all experienced BF shoppers and just smiled and watched the commotion behind us.

• Like 1

Well I went to pick up the tv after work even though it showed still processing in my account. Got there and they told me that it was showing refunded in the computer. The lady went to get the other items I had there for pick up when what to my wondering eyes appeared an employee walked out of the back pushing one of the TV's out of the back to take home. Lol so the CSR and I got to talking and she grabbed a manager who proceeded to tell me that all online orders were canceled for the tv because we weren't supposed to be able to order it online. I explained that it obviously wasn't my fault they didn't set their website up correctly and I would probably be less upset had I not purchased the item at 7 am and then watched one of his employees walk out with the tv. He went on a search to see if he had  any left anywhere in the store. When he came back he had a general manager in tow who gave me a 40" Samsung television for the same price for my trouble. So kudos to the Terre Haute, Indiana management for taking care of their customers when the corporate goofballs screwed up!

• Like 3

Well I went to pick up the tv after work even though it showed still processing in my account. Got there and they told me that it was showing refunded in the computer. The lady went to get the other items I had there for pick up when what to my wondering eyes appeared an employee walked out of the back pushing one of the TV's out of the back to take home. Lol so the CSR and I got to talking and she grabbed a manager who proceeded to tell me that all online orders were canceled for the tv because we weren't supposed to be able to order it online. I explained that it obviously wasn't my fault they didn't set their website up correctly and I would probably be less upset had I not purchased the item at 7 am and then watched one of his employees walk out with the tv. He went on a search to see if he had  any left anywhere in the store. When he came back he had a general manager in tow who gave me a 40" Samsung television for the same price for my trouble. So kudos to the Terre Haute, Indiana management for taking care of their customers when the corporate goofballs screwed up!

nice shocked they gave you a Samsung for that price