Walmart's big pre-Black Friday sale starts this Friday (ad link inside)

Brad

My order got cancelled to and I order hours before the sale started! Plenty of time to pull it for orders.

I just got a email from Customer Service as i complained about the cancellation, they said goto the store you placed the pick up order from and the employees have the authorization to provide you with a similar TV at the same price

Did you go up there?

My order got cancelled to and I order hours before the sale started! Plenty of time to pull it for orders.

Did you go up there?

ya just got back, but they didnt have anything that size or close to it left except for Vizio and Samsung which I knew they wouldnt give to me for that price.

the sale is good until Thanksgiving I am going to give it a few days maybe someone wont pickup their order... that I have like 10 stores in a 20 mile radius i can try it at. I figure one of them will give me something

• Like 1

ya just got back, but they didnt have anything that size or close to it left except for Vizio and Samsung which I knew they wouldnt give to me for that price.

the sale is good until Thanksgiving I am going to give it a few days maybe someone wont pickup their order... that I have like 10 stores in a 20 mile radius i can try it at. I figure one of them will give me something

Super frustrating. I hope you get one. Maybe I'll try tonight after work to see if they will do anything for me.

I'd suggest trying other stores. I had until 12/5 to pick up my order so the sale price will be over before the cancellation date.

This sale sucked for me. I arrived at my local Wal-Mart at 8:10am. There was hardly anyone in there. I was in need of the all-in-one printer for $19. The store manager stated they never got it. I asked about the razor power rider 360 $99, she stated they only had 1 and she believes its gone. As for the tv's they had 2 and it was sold.

I went to another Wal-Mart and I was told they never received the printer or or the power rider. This was truly a waste of my time.

Well after having my Skylanders cancelled by Wakmart I sent to theTRU in the same shopping center and picked it up there for $39.99. As a bonus I got a free trap :) that's another major gift checked off the list.

Just ordered the lalaloopsy diaper surprise doll online; it's not due in until 12/9 but since it's for Christmas that's fine. I'm hoping more of the lalaloopsy squiggles doll comes in.

Edited by tyreejames

Congrats to those that got their TVs, sorry to those who actually got it ordered online and then to be canceled (sometimes for no apparent reason as there were some in stock), and REALLY sorry to those that went to get in line (some really early) and never got a TV because either the store didn't get any, or poor management.

This sale might have been one of the worst they have ever done.  It was so disorganized and they made many more people upset than they did happy. Ridiculous!!!

• Like 1

They cancelled my skylander's order for in store pick up and now it's sold out for both platforms that I could've used online and in store. Walmart you suck, I'm contemplating canceling my other in store pick up item and just boycotting you for the season. (My order was placed at 7:50 pm)

Update: I did go pick up my other order, it was for my grandson so I couldn't just be stubborn. On my way to in store pick up I looked through the skylanders and found the xbox 360 trap starter set that they cancelled on me because they could not locate it. I did buy it, and now have to return my toys r us order when it comes because apparently their online orders can only be cancelled within 45 minutes of placing the order. 

I ordered it online at 6:00 and mine was cancelled at 9:00. Thankfully I read others on this post and got my butt to Walmart at 6:30. I was 6 in line and they had 10. Got one even if they cancelled my online order! There were about 25 in line at 8:00

I went to my Walmart this morning. The ad they had in store was all of 4 pages, not 8 like online. They had NO tv's. I ended up having to pull up the ad from GD to the correct sale prices on items for two other people at the checkout as well. Everyone I talked to in the store had no idea there even WAS a sale, let alone have any helpful information.

I placed an order for 2 tv's online this morning around 6:00 which got cancelled about 45 minutes later. I was disappointed but figured oh well. Then, to my surprise, my wife receives an email which apologized for the cancellation as well as stating that they found a near by store that had them in stock and were ready for pickup there. My wife calls to verify and to her surprise, was told that they were locked in the back and ready for pickup. Talk about getting lucky!!!!
  • Like 2

Congrats to all who actually got a TV in hand.  I'm currently not in need of a TV but for my own curiosity I did go to both my local WM stores this morning and saw no evidence of these TV's.  In the larger store I saw a stand at the entrance full of the ads for this sale and I noticed that the toys that were part of this sale were marked with a piece of paper on the shelf.  The smaller super center had no indication there was even a sale going on that I could tell.  The only indication was when I picked up my order of Dragon 2 blu-ray.  The guy at the counter had to dig through a stack of them to find the one with my name on it.  And I must say that this store pickup was the smoothest and nicest I've EVER experienced.  I was so grateful to the guy for being so pleasant and helping me right away.  I'm not usually able to say that about my site-to-store area in either of the local WM's.

we just had a new store open so its one of those new fashioned smaller super centers, site to store pick up is at customer service so this means 1 line for everything. they have a seperate area for just site to store but the way they always rope it off you have no choice but to get in line with everyone else this means layaways, returns and everything else in 1 line for 3 areas of the customer service when you get to the front of the line the person that calls you over might not be the person that can help you out they are so disorganized its not even funny, the store has only been open 1 month now its just nuts, i go in there a different times of the day and the checkout lines are always 10 people deep with only 3-4 lanes open

Edited by riven3d

we just had a new store open so its one of those new fashioned smaller super centers, site to store pick up is at customer service so this means 1 line for everything. they have a seperate area for just site to store but the way they always rope it off you have no choice but to get in line with everyone else this means layaways, returns and everything else in 1 line for 3 areas of the customer service when you get to the front of the line the person that calls you over might not be the person that can help you out they are so disorganized its not even funny, the store has only been open 1 month now its just nuts, i go in there a different times of the day and the checkout lines are always 10 people deep with only 3-4 lanes open

What a nightmare that Customer Service area must be.  Thankfully my 2 stores have the dedicated site-to-store area.  Guess it becomes the layaway area too during the holidays.  The local Target recently took out its dedicated Customer Service area and moved it into the check-out area so now to return something you have to stand in line while others are checking out.  I hate that with a passion.  

And speaking of open/closed check out lanes.  I noticed in one of my stores a huge sign stating that soon (next weekend maybe) they will have all registers open for a set number of hours.  Can't remember if it was daily or just the weekend.  I honestly can't wait to see if this happens.  The only day I know of where all the registers have ever been open here is Black Friday (now Thursday) sale hours.  

Went to the local WM shortly after 8am yesterday.  They had a few Skylanders trap team out for other platforms but none for xbox 360.  One lady working in the area said everything they had was on the floor.  When you went to the guy working at the electronics counter and asked he said the same until you told him that it was showing online that the store had them in stock, then all of the sudden he had some behind the counter!  Shady...

I got to Walmart at 6am, was 5th in line. The electronics department manager came out and said they had 7, 1 Emerson and 6 Element. Now I'm assuming most of you are BF veterans........so my question is would you expect for Best Buy or any other big box retailer to let you order a $115.00 limited quantity 40" HD TV online?  Of course not! Look, I'm not a Walmart apologist, in fact, I hate Walmart, but I knew if I wanted to get that great deal I'd have to traipse my behind to the store and wait in line and frankly I thought 6am would be too late based on the bargain price. The commotions displayed by the "non lucky 7" who got to the store around 8 to get in line were funny, sad, irrational, and 1 lady was downright scary with her tantrum.......I had a guy offer me $150 in the parking lot going to my car! TV is absolutely awesome for replacing my 8 year old Insignia  and was well worth standing in line for. 

I got to Walmart at 6am, was 5th in line. The electronics department manager came out and said they had 7, 1 Emerson and 6 Element. Now I'm assuming most of you are BF veterans........so my question is would you expect for Best Buy or any other big box retailer to let you order a $115.00 limited quantity 40" HD TV online?  Of course not! Look, I'm not a Walmart apologist, in fact, I hate Walmart, but I knew if I wanted to get that great deal I'd have to traipse my behind to the store and wait in line and frankly I thought 6am would be too late based on the bargain price. The commotions displayed by the "non lucky 7" who got to the store around 8 to get in line were funny, sad, irrational, and 1 lady was downright scary with her tantrum.......I had a guy offer me $150 in the parking lot going to my car! TV is absolutely awesome for replacing my 8 year old Insignia  and was well worth standing in line for. 

your using it already?picture is nice on it?i was kinda doubtful one the name brand. which one did u get?

for those that missed out, check your local store I stopped in 4 different stores today all of them scanned the Tv and said they had some on the truck that would arrive that evening.

time for me to call my contact and have her call me the moment it gets there, so i can head up and get it i know she would go back and get it for me, unlike other employees

My mom and I went to our local walmart at 7:00am and they had 4. There was no line at all, no one in our area seem to have known about it. Some other customers overheard us asking a manager about the sale and followed us to where the TV's were. We grabbed one each and were thanked profusely by the other customers. My girlfriend ordered one online and got the cancellation email.

Actually, yes. I fully expect to be able to order products online. Even if it is a $115 television. There have been $99 televisions for sale online in the past, and I even bought one online for $89 a few years back. So that is not in any way an unreasonable expectation.  Especially when the ad says that the prices contained within it are to be available for an entire week. I don't blame the people behind you in line for being upset that there were only 7 products in stock for a sale that was supposed to last 7 days one bit!

• Like 3