Walmart tells store managers they can match online prices including Amazon

Brad

I wonder what happened? They will honor their own site and 30 others. I wonder who it is they are refering to that they wont honor.Any ideas?

Apparently, there were some people that figured out how to play the system. They listed a PS4 for a ridiculously low price, as a 3rd party seller on Amazon, then went to Walmart and got them to match it. 

We’re committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we’ll match it.

The following are guidelines and limitations:

• The prices on Walmart.com and online retailers* will be matched
  • Our customers must provide the online price and retailer
  • The item must be currently in-stock at the online retailer’s website at the time the request for the price match is made
  • The item must be sold and fulfilled by online retailers listed below*
  • We reserve the right to verify the price of the identical, in-stock item at the online retailer’s website (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
  • We will limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day**

How to match an in-store purchase to an online price:

• Request the price match right at the register
  • The Store Management has the final decision for matching an online price

How to match a Walmart.com purchase to an online competitor:

• Contact Walmart.com Customer Care at http://help.walmart.com prior to placing your order on Walmart.com
  • The Customer Care Agent has the final decision for matching an online price

We do not honor:

• Prices from marketplace and third-party sellers.
  • Prices from auctions or requiring memberships
  • Prices that cannot be determined independent of other items, e.g., fees, shipping charges
  • Percent off or dollar off if the item's price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees or charges
  • Bundle offers, Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing
  • Prices that require minimum quantity purchases
  • Clearance, Close out, Liquidation, Special Hour/Flash/Limited Quantity offers
  • Damaged, Used or Refurbished items
  • Misprinted or inaccurate prices
  • Online price match is not available in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico for in store purchases
  • We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in-stock in our store or Walmart.com
  • Online price match is not available for Walmart One Hour Guarantee Items
  • Walmart.com will not price match on behalf of Walmart Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors
  • Walmart.com will not price match items purchased on Walmart.com between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday 

*Online retailers are limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com

**Quantities are not limited in New Mexico except when purchases are made for the purpose of reselling merchandise

Apparently, there were some people that figured out how to play the system. They listed a PS4 for a ridiculously low price, as a 3rd party seller on Amazon, then went to Walmart and got them to match it. 

Omg i cant even believe that. Always takes a smuck to screw it up for eveyone else. May their ps4 explode on christmas morning.lol

• Like 1

can you put an item on layaway at the price matched price....

No you can't. Layaway won't be open during the sale times. Sorry

ETA  Sorry I thought you meant during blitz. Any other time I would think so as long as it still meets layaway criteria.

Edited by tdanette

What about ebay? Ebay has the Xbox 360 with free Peggie game in their Black Friday ad for 99.99... Same price Walmart has the 360 without the Peggie game.

No, they do not PM eBay or other auction sites.

Edited by sas377

Bummer...thanks for the info though! Now to decide...Walmart with no Peggie or ebay with Peggie but shipping....

I'd vote for WM.  MAinly because of the ease of returns, plus you have real proof of purchase if you need warranty service down the road.