Walmart tells store managers they can match online prices including Amazon

Brad

Will this apply even if it's sold out on Amazon (or other online retailers for that matter)?  I'm just thinking about Lightning Deals that sell out so quickly.  Everyone could see that item about to go on sale, head to WM and buy it on Tuesday for that price (it Amazon matched that) before the BF sale even hits the stores.

Don't be surprised if on all the big ticket items, or even most items in general, Walmart will use the "its not the same product due to the part number" excuse. Best Buy does that. If you add an "a" at the end of the part # its no longer the same item, even though it is.

Actually its not too bad..Theres numerous ones they can price match to. I went last night and the managers at my store had no clue and had to go check since they had not been told. I did have a copy of the policy which helped

Target

walmart.com

bestbuy

lowes

staples

amazon

petco

dicks

TRU

kmart

office depot

academy

sports authority

bass pro

home depot

cabelas

auto zone

petsmart

walgreens

dollar general

bed bath beyond

babies r us

jc penny

kohls

tiger direct

new egg

family dollar

michaels

o rielly

pep boys

Will this apply even if it's sold out on Amazon (or other online retailers for that matter)?  I'm just thinking about Lightning Deals that sell out so quickly.  Everyone could see that item about to go on sale, head to WM and buy it on Tuesday for that price (it Amazon matched that) before the BF sale even hits the stores.

I get the feeling, since WM never applies a policy equally across all stores, is it'll be a huge YMMV.  The problem is it depends on how they will verify. Usually when I PM at Best Buy or Staples, they will look on the website and check the price. If you cannot currently purchase it at that price, they will not PM.

Also most stores won't PM if it's not in stock.

But if you show up to WM with a print out of the website, would they even bother taking the time to check? That's the question.

• Like 1

I get the feeling, since WM never applies a policy equally across all stores, is it'll be a huge YMMV.  The problem is it depends on how they will verify. Usually when I PM at Best Buy or Staples, they will look on the website and check the price. If you cannot currently purchase it at that price, they will not PM.

Also most stores won't PM if it's not in stock.

But if you show up to WM with a print out of the website, would they even bother taking the time to check? That's the question.

PM Amazon could be the truly tricky one

I still would buy it from amazon and avoid the hassle of having to get them to price match

Yep - and sales tax.

Id prefer to buy B&M incase i need to return it.This is awesome. :)

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that. The few times I've had to return items to Amazon the customer service made it so simple it wasn't a problem. But waiting for the return item to come back was sort of a bummer.

Be sure to use your Walmart savings catcher, hopefully if u miss seeing a lower price the catcher will find it!

You need to read the fine print on the Savings Catcher.  They check "ads" so I doubt they are going to include online prices.  But it doesn't hurt to try.

it has to be for the exact same product.. ,size and all and it has to be in stock at the online site..20.00 difference a csm has to verify and at 50.00 a manager will have to verify it..we have handhelds that have links to all those sites and we're suppose to check for instock..basically all they've told us about it

it has to be for the exact same product.. ,size and all and it has to be in stock at the online site..20.00 difference a csm has to verify and at 50.00 a manager will have to verify it..we have handhelds that have links to all those sites and we're suppose to check for instock..basically all they've told us about it

So that means you won't be able to match Lightning deals, because there's almost no way some of those items will linger in stock long enough for a CSR to check.

• Like 1

I am thinking that Walmart will price match Amazon without even checking to see if it is in stock on Amazon.  As long as it is the same product, size, etc. I prefer to order from Amazon if it is the same price because I don't want to lug packages around in the cold and I like getting the boxes delivered to my doorstep.  :yay: