Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Wii U questions

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lilasmom  OFFLINE  

Lilasmom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 13, 2014 - 6:42 am

I'm looking to get a Wii U and need some help. We have a Wii and an Xbox currently.

I plan to buy a bundle, probably the $299.99 one at Walmart with the Mario Cart 8 in it. Do you think this is the best price? I'm a Amazon Prime member, but I haven't seen any information on video game sales there yet.

What accessories will I need to buy? I want to be able to play right away, of course! We are a family of four and ideally we will all be playing Mario Cart together! We have some of our old Wii remotes, but they have the little Plus attachment on them. Will those work on a Wii U?

Does a Wii U have Netflix, like my old one?

Also, my DD is 6 and DS is 10, what games would you recommend for them?

Thanks!

#2 Kanyon71  ONLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2014 - 7:33 am

There will be some deals on the Wii U but the majority of what I've seen has been Xbox One and PS4 so far. The one I did see wasn't Mario Kart.

Yes your old Wii Motes will work and are needed to play with more than 1 person. I need to buy some more as I traded in my Wii on the Wii U.

Yes it has Netflix, just be prepared when you boot it up for updates to the console and the handheld controller before you do anything.

#3 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,085 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2014 - 8:08 am

Yea, what Kanyon said.

Mariokart8 is of course a great game.

My kids also love the Skylanders and Disney Infinity games.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#4 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,416 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2014 - 12:21 pm

What accessories would be needed for a family of four to play since we don't have an existing wii?

:cheese:

#5 Kanyon71  ONLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,700 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2014 - 12:24 pm

It will come with the game pad so you would need 3 additional Wii Motes for 4 people to be able to play. As of right now they don't sell extra tablets so you will only be able to have a single tablet for now.

#6 jabsther  OFFLINE  

jabsther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 16, 2014 - 6:28 pm

If you decide to get Disney Infinity 2.0 for it, you can download the original Disney Infinity for free on the Wii U. All the 1.0 characters and power discs will work on the new 2.0 but the 1.0 playsets (worlds - Cars, Lone Ranger, etc) will only work on the 1.0.

#7 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 27, 2014 - 7:06 am

We have never veen able to get netflix to work with the wii u. We have had ti for 2 years since it came out. We tried everything. IT isn't just us, there are tons of forums on it. My grandkids in california have one also and have same problem. We keep the old wii hooked up just to use the netflix. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users