Staggered Sale Times

sbwolfer

Is anyone else annoyed with all of the stores that do the staggered sale times? There are stores have XYZ on sale from 6 a.m - 5 p.m and then ABC is on sale from 7 p.m until 3 a.m. over the course of Thursday and Friday. It makes it harder to keep track and I hate when I want stuff from 2 or 3 parts of the sale. I don't want to visit the same store 3 times!

Yes, but the more times they get you in the store, the more stuff you'll buy.

Edit: I doubt there's a consumer in favor of this (other than maybe if you only wanted one thing from the store and it was in the Friday 8am sale ;) ), but the retailers have had success with it and I doubt it'll ever go away now.

Edited by bribri25
  • Like 1

Yes pretty annoying, but understandable from the retailers point of view.  They want to keep you in their stores, or at least bring you back.

One advantage might be that you can focus on the items that you want in each time, where as if they all go on sale at the same time and run out, you are less likely to get to many items.

• Like 2

I don't like the staggered sales.  I understand why they do it, but y'all are right - who wants to go to Walmart 3 times?  And, if you want a hot item on the 2nd or 3rd wave, chances are you have to be there a couple hours before the 1st wave. You miss all the sales you wanted to hit because you have to spend 16 hours at 1 store.