Zoomer?

Jen08

My 7 DS has been asking for the past 2 years for a Zoomer Dog or the Dino that has come out this year.  I just wanted to see if anyone bought this Dog last year and if it was worth the $80 that's its priced at.  I am really reluctant to buy it b/c 1. I'm afraid he'll play with it all of 45 minutes, 2. ITS FREAKING $80!!! 3.  We are getting him a dirtbike and that's going to be a big part of his Christmas.  My friend said I needed to get it regardless of anything b/c this has been the #1 item he's asked for for the past 2 years.  Just wanted to get y'all thoughts or opinions on this toy.  Do y'all think it will be on sale on BF? IDK how big of a toy item it is.

I have bought my kids many things over the years and I have found that the items they just "have" to have, the novelty wears off way too soon compared to the cost of the item.  However, with that being said - this is Christmas.  This is the time to buy them what they ask for - not be overly analytic.  The joy of the season is making other people happy.  My boys were happy when they got that Roborapter or the Robofuy - whatever that they just had to have years ago.  The look on their face when they opened it up was why I bought it for them.  And then 6 months later when we sold it at our garage sale I just sigh and remembered the look of joy on Christmas morning.

Now don't get me wrong - my daughter is 9 this year and she wants a Zoomer.  I am trying to talk her out of it and have her think logically about the layout of our house and how much play time she will get with it.  So far, no go, and that is fine - if it goes on her formal list then more than likely it will be under the tree.  Because I want to hear that squeal and see that smile.  That is the present my kids give me on Christmas morning :)

• Like 3

I purchased Zoomer last year for my daughter's birthday because she had to have it and she played with it all of 2 days and hasn't touched the thing since. I thought it was a waste but of course that is after the fact. If your anything like me if your children truly insist on it then they usually end up with it, lol!

I know the feeling DD11 wants the 3D doodler from Michaels but I am not sure it will even do what she wants it to, its expensive and I would have to buy refill packs. There are enough other things on her list so I probably won't do the doodler. 

For your son, I would be surprised if he noticed he had other presents after he sees the dirt bike. If my boys were young again they would love the dirt bike!!!