1hr Guarantee

lkonkel

I got a one hour guarantee TV last year for my dad. It was a very simple process. I got the ticket (I wasn't able to get the TV that day because I didn't rush over there since it was a one hour guarantee). I took it to the register and paid for it and if I remember correctly they gave me a code number. I got online the next day, put it in the code number and they shipped it to the Walmart Store.
  • Like 1

What is everyone's thought on 50" led tv for 218 at walmart. I believe target had one for 199.

It is Best Buy that has one for $199 in store only.  I will pay the $20 difference for a guaranteed one and not fight Best Buy...ours is incredibly unorganized inside.  Maybe because I'm used to it, but I really don't mind Walmart on BF.

When they did this last year - employees gave you the option of waiting in line to get the item in hand that day or the option of taking the card that  you could go online and purchase.  They made it clear that you might not get your item in time for Christmas (mine came on 12/28) so if it wasn't a gift that needed to be under the tree I had the option to stand in line for something else.  

I think it took me 3 hours to pay for my iPad once they started ringing people up.  It went so slow .. could be because you had to pay for your item in that line and there was one 1 register.  sigh .. 

Anyone know the exact timing on this one hour guarantee? I mean say your store has a line out the door, do you have to be in that line by 7pm and you're good or if there is a special line inside the store do you have to be in that line by 7pm? Say it is neither because they give you a ticket and you have to have that ticket by 7pm or going all the way would it be that you need to have gotten and paid for a ticket by 7pm?

In my store last year, you just had to be in the line within that hr.

If that is true then that should definitely work. I only ask because I'll be camped out at Best Buy which opens at 5 and I was just figuring if I needed to get to WalMart right after that for one of the 1 hour guaranteed items what the timing was and whether or not then I could pull it off.

Also, I know a bunch of folks on here said to be cautious as last year their items didn't arrive until after Christmas which I don't doubt but I do know that WalMart has on their website this year that your item is guaranteed in time for Christmas, http://www.walmart.com/cp/1105633

To get the $199 TV you will have to get in line early... My guess would be Wednesday night in most places. When I was younger I totally would have done it, but when it is only $20 more and you know you will get one without having to spend a day in line, plus you can get a lot more shopping done, I would say go to Walmart.

I think the key to the one hour guarantee is to order the item early online... my guess is they ship them first come first serve. I ordered mine last year as soon as I got home and, while it did take me a minute to get through because the site was so busy, I got my TV in a week or 2. 

This will be the first time i've had to purchase a "ticket" item, do you just get the ticket and have to be back there at the start time, or can you walk around the store, which is better? My grandson really wants the tablet! lol

Depends on how long the line is.  I got my ticket and stayed in line and let others shop for me.  You could leave the line and come back to pay .. but then you're right back at the end of the line.  It was awful.  

The store I went to started handing out the tickets before the time because they knew they would not have enough in stock.  So if you wanted to walk out the store with the item you had to wait.  

Each item normally has it's own line, the main thing is that they will most likely go thru the line and at the end of the time frame, they will stop honoring the price at that time or if there's a line, they'll close it off and make the last person the one to receive it so u must be in the line by the time, then you need to purchase the gift card or go online shortly thereafter and follow the code or whatever they give you to purchase the item within the time frame, if walmart site crashes they may give you extra time.  The main thing is that they want you to purchase the item and then if you decide you don't want it after that return it, otherwise you'd have lots of people trying to flip the codes and then u'd see alot more on ebay for just the code.  I don't work for walmart but the goal of the guarantee is to get you the item when and if the store runs out, so that if store x had 4000 units and only sold 200 they can ship the other 3000 to stores that have them sold.  It's a way to control inventory for all stores, and give customers the satisfaction that if they want a item at the sale price they can have it.  They are hoping that guaranteeing you the products that you'll buy more in the store since you'll be there for the sales.

• Like 1