JCPenney to open at 5pm

arci122

Oh my....  There better be some really good deals and the best snow globes we've ever seen!  This now makes me want to say Walmart will be open at noon (On Tuesday).  I certainly didn't expect JCP to be the first to crack the 6pm barrier (besides the KMart, Walgreens, and other consistent Thursday stores).

My Aunt got confirmation via email that they would be handing out snowglobes in store. If i miss out because of a dinner i don't want to go to i will not be amused

Really?  So there is hope for snow globes?  But we'd have to skip T-giving dinner for it, huh?  Hopefully more concrete snowglobe evidence comes out in the coming days because there was no mention in the ad.

My Aunt got confirmation via email that they would be handing out snowglobes in store. If i miss out because of a dinner i don't want to go to i will not be amused

Thanks for the info. Why wouldn't they put it in the ad? It seems counterproductive to not advertise something meant to get people in the door. I also read on the "bring back jcp snowglobes" Facebook page that JCP Facebook confirmed snowglobes. So who knows. I won't be there on Thanksgiving regardless.

ETA. They are definitely doing snowglobes:

http://www.jcpmediaroom.com/posts/265/JCPENNEY-CELEBRATES-THE-SEASON-OF-GIVING

Edited by m13april

Well that's definitely a mixed bag. Thankful they're doing snowglobes for sure but doubt I'll get one thanks to opening time. I can only hope someone else is able to pick one up for us or I'll have to buy on eBay again :(

Just curious, how much do they usually go for?

When I went to my appointment today at the salon @ JCP, I brought up the snow globe question to my stylist. He told me at that store here in AZ will open a few boxes of snow globes on Thursday & then again, some more on Friday. I am going to be in California so I hope it will be all stores. I was going to call the JCP store I hit on BF.

I had the first shift last night til 12:30am and am getting ready for my second shift at 6:30am.....It was crazy last night.  We ran out of snow globes and gift cards.  It was like lets make a deal.  The people that got the $100 gift cards were hilarious with their reactions.  We hope to have more globes delivered this morning on the early trucks.  Happy Shopping

I thought the same thing about the snowglobes!  But, it says 2014 on it and counts as the next one in the collection. Lol.

.....And was one of the lucky ones to with the $100 jingle coupon!!!!  WOOOOOOHOOOOOO.  This was my first store of the night and really got things off on the right foot.  And pleasantly surprised to see it was good through 12/24 (or something like that).  I didn't have $100 of stuff planned out to buy at JCP, so we'll look at sales over the next weeks for what to use it on.