Buy Lego sets now or wait to see if there are deals? Are there usually Lego deals?

ChristusG

My daughters want some Lego sets for Christmas. I know that Walmart usually has a good deal on a box of bricks, but they want actual sets. Are there usually good deals on sets? Specifically Ninjago and Lego Disney sets? I think I've seen things like the Lego City sets on sale, but I was wondering about others. I'm tempted to go ahead and buy now but I'm afraid I'll regret it!

If you have a Lego store check them out too, they had a deal one year that you got a higher percentage off the more you spent, up to 30 percent off. Target seems to have the best deals leading up to Black Friday. On actual Black Friday it seems only the bigger sets will go on sale.

I was able to get the lego friends Heartlake Mall for 94.99 today.  It had been listed at 109.99 on Amazon, but they had a price reduction.  Walmart price matched it! 

Check out your local Sam's if you are a member.  I found Heartlake Mall there last week for $87.99!  I couldn't find it online though.

OH!  I am a huge Amazon shopper, so I always check out www.camelcamelcamel.com when I'm expecting price drops.  Several of the Lego Friends sets had HUGE price drops around the week of Thanksgiving last year, so something to look forward to, I hope!

Edited by momtodemons

Toys 'r Us does a buy 1, get 1 at some discount BUT keep in mind they are usually higher than Target and Walmart anyway.

Target does a sale, but is usually specific to a type. They really like to put the "city" ones on sale over friends or star wars, etc.

This is my annual rant on the Lego question. If your children leave their toys lying around, Legos are absolutely the worst item to find on the floor in the dark as a parent. If they are well disciplined, Legos are worth every penny and are a wonderful toy to foster a child's creative side. As far as deals are concerned, look for store coupons that would help to bring down the price. As others have indicated, they tend to be specific to a theme when they do go on sale.

Did yall see that 1600 piece Lego set for $30 in the Walmart BF ad? A similar set with only 600 pieces sells for $29.99 on Walmart.com so the black friday deal seems like a really great deal.

Yes, I was just looking in to this. The set sells for $90 typically.  I might be making a trip to Walmart.  I need to build my, and mean my kids ;),  Lego collection.

Wal-Mart has some of their Legos on sale tomorrow. Check out this ad: Walmart Pre-Black Friday

Did yall see that 1600 piece Lego set for $30 in the Walmart BF ad? A similar set with only 600 pieces sells for $29.99 on Walmart.com so the black friday deal seems like a really great deal.

I thought this was a good deal as well. Just miscellaneous pieces, but sometimes that's what you need, lol.