How to track Black November

bribri25

So many retailers are now doing deals all through November. With it just being one or two day black Friday, that was manageable; how do you plan to keep track of everything through the whole month and who is having black Friday worthy deals on items you want?

My strategy really has not changed. I have an idea of the items I am going to purchase. If I see them for what I think they will be on Black Friday I will pick them up early. If not I will wait.

I will also periodically browse the sites and stop in the stores to see if there are any deals I cannot live without.

This year I lucked out... my ToysRus lost track of some clearance inventory until it was already 90% off and I happened to be there when they brought it out on to the floor. I got $1000 worth of stuff for $100.

:)

• Like 3

Since everything is opening earlier and sooner and then online, I make sure that I know about basic everyday prices for the items that I want and if they will have the propensity to sell out - If I see an early sale on something that I know will be gone, I buy it now.... If its something that I can really wait on, I wait until BF or even after. 

The "sting" of waiting and then never getting it only happened once.... and that was enough!  

Two options:

1. We will have most of the real BF ads within 10 days, so you can probably wait until most ads are out and check against currently available prices, then buy right away if you can match the price.

2. If you are diligent, you can buy now if you think the price is right, but return the item if a lower price appears.  But you have to pay attention to shipping and return requirements if you order online and you have to continue to check prices and make the effort to return the item, get stuck with the price you paid.  Stores count somewhat on the fact that once people have bought something, most people stop checking prices or don't bother to return it if a lower price appears.

• Like 1

Two options:

1. We will have most of the real BF ads within 10 days, so you can probably wait until most ads are out and check against currently available prices, then buy right away if you can match the price.

2. If you are diligent, you can buy now if you think the price is right, but return the item if a lower price appears.  But you have to pay attention to shipping and return requirements if you order online and you have to continue to check prices and make the effort to return the item, get stuck with the price you paid.  Stores count somewhat on the fact that once people have bought something, most people stop checking prices or don't bother to return it if a lower price appears.

True.  I like both options and I think it's just going to be a matter of checking all over for what I want and finding the prices that are worth buying at.  There isn't really a ton of things I need this year, but I usually shop based on what the best deals are and where you get the best value.