Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

PHP-Nuke and your thoughts?

3 replies to this topic

#1 twista  OFFLINE  

twista

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 23, 2004 - 1:27 pm

Im pretty sick of using a html website and using IFRAMES to insert things. I think im going to take my site to PHP-Nuke sometime during winter break (close to xmas) Im making the move to php b/c it seems more user friendly than all html websites. Is your site php driven by "PHP-Nuke" or just plain php. How do you like it so far? Do you think its more user friendly? ;) I guess this should go in the web hosting forums.

#2 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,430 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 23, 2004 - 2:13 pm

Pretty much all of my sites (including this one) use PHP, and they are are pretty much custom jobs. I prefer to write everything myself and get things just how I want them, so I stay away from any kind of third-party CMS.

#3 paradox  OFFLINE  

paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 24, 2004 - 12:38 am

Pretty much all of my sites (including this one) use PHP, and they are are pretty much custom jobs. I prefer to write everything myself and get things just how I want them, so I stay away from any kind of third-party CMS.

Same, I always write my own stuff. Not only because it almost always doesn't offer everything I need, but also I just like working with my own code rather thens someone else's.

Though I do admit I like to study people's code and learn from example and then implement it myself.

#4 twista  OFFLINE  

twista

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 25, 2004 - 8:11 am

wow, turns out php-nuke is hacked so fruqently that they have many add-on securitys you can install... also its better if you install more than one add on. (like running avg and norton and mcAfee at the same time) Crappy content port system. So many php-nuke sites get hacked i found out after reading many php-nuke forums

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users