Walmart and Crowd control. Is it time for Ticketing in all stores?

jaymacfla

Tickets for all Walmart stores  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the change is immediately needed at Walmart?

• YES
    • NO

I agree with selling the towels later in the day if this causes so many problems. i know people have babysitting problems to me bringing kids to see their Christmas toys before Christmas would have been a problem and ruined BF shopping for me not only to add dangerous place for kids.

• Like 2

I didn't read all the responses, so forgive me if this was said, but I think they'd fix a LOT of problems by offering all of the things online. Yes, they will still get the die hard Black Friday in store shoppers, but if they advertised that 100% of the sale would be available online, they'd have less shoppers, which would equal less problems. I do ALL of my BF shopping online because I can't do those crowds. I went out one year and everyone was so grumpy and rude, pushing, shoving... No thanks! Nobody pushes me at 2 am in my living room :) I have gone out later in the day to see what was left over at some stores, and it's hit or miss but a much happier trip!

I didn't read all the responses, so forgive me if this was said, but I think they'd fix a LOT of problems by offering all of the things online. Yes, they will still get the die hard Black Friday in store shoppers, but if they advertised that 100% of the sale would be available online, they'd have less shoppers, which would equal less problems. I do ALL of my BF shopping online because I can't do those crowds. I went out one year and everyone was so grumpy and rude, pushing, shoving... No thanks! Nobody pushes me at 2 am in my living room :) I have gone out later in the day to see what was left over at some stores, and it's hit or miss but a much happier trip!

The year our closest wmart opened was by far the best and most organized. You stood in line and a table of employees asked you which of the doorbusters you wanted and they checked off the item(s) on a shopping list. As the line progressed, they announced which doorbusters were no longer available. For soft goods, you took your marked list to specific areas and filled your cart. For electronics, you took your list and proceeded to the registers to pay. You then got a slip and drove to the oil change area to pick up your electronics. Orderly, peaceful and efficient. Unfortunately, they never did it that way again.
  • Like 2

Last year at the Walmart I went to, they had pallets everywhere. The pallets were wrapped and at each 2 pallets there was an associate assigned 30 minutes before Black Friday time. The door buster tvs, there was a line through the frozen food isle. I got there an hour early so I'm not sure what time they had started lining up. Not sure how the tvs were handled. I was at the video games. The opening time came and the associate started to unwrap. People started grapping, tearing the wrapping off and then grapping the games. It was a free for all. I was next to the furbie's which was a hot toy last year and it was the same as with the games. No way would I bring a kid to that. I was there for the games, but I'm not sure how it would work if you wanted different things.

I have one of those smaller Walmarts near me, but I went to one of the bigger ones. When I was coming home, I saw the fire department and everybody standing outside at the smaller Walmart. They had so many people inside the fire department cleared the place. Must have been a zoo. Glad I didn't go there.

I think Walmart being opened has made the whole Black Friday experience there worst.

Now Target, they are the Black Friday kings. I go there every year. They are organized, have crowd control and all heads are on deck. No running or pushing. Great experience.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, kids don't belong out in the Black Friday crowd. Arrange something. It's wild for adults and no way should kids be in the mix. You are either standing outside in the cold and then people want to get in and get out. Please leave the sick, crying kids at home and if you hit me once with the stroller I'll be cool, but twice there's going to be a problem. It's not a weapon to clear the path.

• Like 1