Is there anything you'd pay full price for?

shopping4my3son

Maybe full price (or close to it) for higher end brand name items. Like last year, we got a specific brand name of purse for dd. I was ok paying almost retail for it because it's a brand that has a high potential for fakes. Buying it directly from the store was safer, although maybe a bit pricier. I'm in the same boat right now looking for a specific brand name of winter jacket for her and ds. If I ebay, I might end up getting ripped off. 

There are three phases to the shopping season...

- must have items

- my shopping list

- opportunities

If one of the people on my list wants something special, I buy it at the first reasonable opportunity.  You can always price adjust or return/rebuy.  I start working my shopping list 30 days before the BF ads come out -- again for return/rebuy opportunities.  As the holidays approach, I buy good deals even if I do not have a present to buy.  My oldest son has a February birthday.  A lot of times, his birthday presents are purchases of opportunity during the Christmas season.

• Like 1

I would say that I rarely pay full "regular" price for anything.  I also tend not to buy the latest gadgets in the first few months (or year) after release.

On the other hand, I don't often buy the cheapest brand or model of an item, but will pay more (despite sales and promotions) for better quality items.  The discount that I expect or will expect depends on the item and opportunities.

Edited by mcwalker

On the rare occasion that the thing someone must have doesn't really go on sale, then yes, I would pay full price :eyepoppin . Before I would do that, I would of done my research to be sure that in no way could I save any money because I all about stretching the dollar.

Generally video game consoles is where I run into the full price at particularly bc my boys are both gamers. Last year I did not want to take any chances on the Xbox one so I pre-ordered at the end of the summer and had it a day after it was released. I was able to get some games on sale though so that helped.

This year my daughter is asking for a certain pair of Dr. Martens so I may have to suck it up on those as well.

I buy any of the "hot" toys I know will sell out fast and not go on sale anyway. I actually almost bought all of my dd8's toys already full price because the Frozen merchandise is SO hard to find! I have been picking it up little by little whenever I get lucky.....besides that I try to wait for the deals...

I'll pay full price if it's something I want. I try to get things on sale, but when I see that special something I don't worry overly much if it's on sale or not. I'm somewhat past the point where I can just pick up things that are on sale. Many of the items we buy for Christmas are just not the type of items that will go on a black Friday sale like electronics/toys/etc.

Yes, if it was the important items my kids were wanting. I already have a few items bought for my kids that are must haves just in case they sell out. If I find them on sale I will buy them and take the ones I paid full price for back.