Black Friday Binder, or go High Tech

arci122

For several years (thanks to an idea on this site) I have put together my BF binder with print outs of the leaked ads.  I carry this everywhere I go and many people look at it, even though they pick on me!  I also use plastic organizers for all of my coupons.

I am debating on putting it all on my tablet this year.  It does save on paper, but not sure it will feel the same. 

Has anyone else gone paperless????

• Like 1

I don't use binders but I bring the ads with me.  I have my Black Friday Pulse, it is a cross body purse big enough to put the ads and coupons. 

For me is easier in case that I can't find the item, I show the ad to the employee or I can go over the ads while I wait in line.

Edited by drod58

I'm a disaster. I usually take just the ad I need into each store but this year I will be couponing at some of the stores so I have to figure something else out.

I don't want to mess with a binder and my coupon purse isn't big enough to add in sales ads. Ill probably buy a bigger purse... But I hate carrying one on bf. I'm not sure yet lol

• Like 1

I do a little of both. I have the physical ads with me (helps to show employees quickly when there's any discrepancy on prices/included items/etc), then keep a list running on my phone (no tablet here). Seems to serve me pretty well. Haven't started setting things up yet this year. Still figuring out what I need to get and for whom... lol

I keep a hand written list and the physical ads.  I have had my electronics fail at crucial moment not BF so I don't want to take the chance

I do the same thing. I have a list with each item, from what store and on what page. I would love to be able to use my phone but I need as few headaches as possible.

Wow. I never thought of a binder. I just keep my list of what I'm getting for everyone in a spiral notebook. I constantly use spiral notebooks for every kind of list you can imagine as well as other things like recipes and bill due dates. For Black Friday I usually just have the ad where I circle or star things and add post-its from my lists as needed for titles of games or movies. I saw others messages and I agree: you HAVE to have the ad so you can make sure the item is the correct item and that you get it at the correct price. Always be prepared. :)

Happy Black Friday season everyone! :)

• Like 1

Wow. I never thought of a binder. I just keep my list of what I'm getting for everyone in a spiral notebook. I constantly use spiral notebooks for every kind of list you can imagine as well as other things like recipes and bill due dates. For Black Friday I usually just have the ad where I circle or star things and add post-its from my lists as needed for titles of games or movies. I saw others messages and I agree: you HAVE to have the ad so you can make sure the item is the correct item and that you get it at the correct price. Always be prepared. :)

Happy Black Friday season everyone! :)

Yes, ads are good, but if you print out the ads ahead of time when they are leaked, you can print them out and circle items in it as you find it.

• Like 1

I set up a My Shopping List here on GottaDeal.com.  I think it is one of the simplest but best features of the site.  I print out two copies (one to take in the stores and one to leave in the car).  I have all the ads for stores I am going to in the car and take the ad for each store when I go in.  Pretty simple but effective.

The My Shopping List is under the FEATURES header on the Black Friday site, here:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/ShoppingList

• Like 2

I use to do the binder thing but know I just use my cell.  I carry it anyway so I take screenshots of the things I plan to buy and if I need to price match, I can refer to it.  This way I dont have to worry about internet being slow, I just go to my photos.  My back up is to have the ads in my car though just in case I run into a difficult cashier/manager. :runaway:

• Like 3

I Love this pleasant BF specific organization idea. It's absolutely perfect !. I plan on adopting the idea and go out to to get me a Sturdy folder with plastic pockets in order to place my adds/print outs there. Safely and securely. When in line of your BF store you get the "physical coupons/ sheets" of the Big Ticket Items & I usually stick them in my purse, but a folder won't hurt at all, after all I plan on giving that bad boy full use. As a treat & as always being the crafty artist that I am, I'll be sure to label the front of my folder for fun !!..

Boy let the BF fun begin ! Can't wait.

I personally would do everything high tech until black friday then grab the ads and whatever else you can think you need, however if you are in line, going high tech first is the easiest.  I'd price match later in the day after you get the primary things off the list.

I go old school with handwritten lists too. Just to make sure I know what items are at what store. But, as someone else said, I'm a wild and undisciplined shopper so I'm a bit all over the place. Thank goodness I only do this kind of unbridled spending once a year! ;)

I keep a list on my phone as a tablet is too big for me to lug around.  I take all the ads (ordered by store priority) and I take the physical ad into the store with me.  It helps to find the exact item I need.  If I am doing a PM on a different ad, the other store's ad will be brought in with me in addition to the actual store ad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I compose an excel spreadsheet of what I'm buying and the prices at different stores, print out the sheet and carry it with me to check it off. I see that might be good on a phone, but I don't carry one with me on Black Friday. No distractions, please. Although, I missed out on some alerts last year. I may have to rethink the no phone.

I have the ads and coupons in my car. Unless I'm price matching, I don't take the ads in. Any price issue I may have, I'll deal with after the Black Friday rush and with customer service.

Since the Thanksgiving openings, I'm do direct shopping. I know what I want, go in and get it and then move on to the next store. I'm up until 1 for on line shopping, up early cooking and then have just a couple of hours before I'm in line. I get the door busters and particular things on the list and call it a night. I'm up on the real Black Friday to do door busters and back by noon. 

There's 2 video games I'm after and if I can get them on line, I may skip Thanksgiving store shopping this year. I'll do the real Black Friday morning for things I haven't gotten on line. 

All of the above, folder with ads, some printed ad scans for ads that did not come in the paper, ads for sales on cyber monday, then of course have everything in my phone, and have the laptop with me until right near the very end when we enter the store in case I can get it cheaper online, and then to check it off my spreadsheet after I get it and am in the car with wife driving to next store.

Stupid question - How can I print the ads from here?  I would love to have them printed early so I can circle things.  I, too, like to have my ads with me and I use a 3-5 section spiral binder so I use it starting at Thanksgiving and have sections for buying, baking, etc.