When will you decorate?

julz0420

On my moms side of the family, we celebrate Russian (Ukraine) Christmas so her trees are always up til late January. I can't take looking at it anymore by then lol.

Sometimes she waits til early deceiver to get all her trees up. It takes her a long time to decorate.

I usually put a few little things out after Halloween. Sometimes we hang our lights but not turn them on until bf. We get a real tree so that usually goes up the weekend after thanksgiving.everything else is on bf after I get home from shopping.

If I decorate outside, I'll probably do that the weekend before Thanksgiving, then the tree and everything inside will go up Thanksgiving weekend. 

Although, I just bought a new train to go around my tree, and I'm so excited that I may not even wait until Thanksgiving to put it all up!

We put a lot of decorations up outdoors so we'll start early November (after Halloween so nothing gets vandalized).  I usually do all the indoor decorations and put up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Last year I did everything except the tree the first weekend in November and that really worked well for me.  If kids come home for Thanksgiving then I'll wait for the tree until after they leave.

Usually Thanksgiving weekend. I'm hoping my house renovations will be done enough that I can access my decorations this year!

Mama decorates Sunday before Thanksgiving, which is funny, because when we were kids, she never would until 1st week in December. Now she does everything but the kitchen. After dinner, we all take down the Thanksgiving stuff and help decorate the kitchen!

Edited by bluebear

Usually on BF...then on Christmas morning while I make the rounds, DH performs "the annual ripping down of the Christmas crap" his words not mine (and this is the man who loves Christmas as much as a 5 yr old)....But to be honest it's nice to have my house back to normal by 3pm Christmas day

DH stopped wanting to celebrate Christmas about 9 years ago. So I only decorate DD11's room. Her and I will go to my parents house the entire week of Christmas. We help them decorate usually the week before Thanksgiving. I do buy poinsettias and those cinnamon pine cones for the house, he likes those.

Ok usually the weekend of Thanksgiving.  This year is somewhat different, it's going up this Sunday.  I've decided to be Mrs Clause for Halloween and decorate and hand out candy canes to trick or treaters.  It won't all be done but the tree will be up and the door will have lights and whatnot. 

• Like 2

I just realized I'm still decorated from last year.I still have my snowman mugs and my santa cookie jar in my hutch.Well not really decorated but a few things out lol

Before we moved to MI we had a room in our house that we call the Christmas room, we have Thomas Kinkaid paintings that were hung and are of the old time Christmas and snow look so we left out certain decorations for Christmas in there all year. Always made us smile looking around :)

• Like 1