Has anyone purchased tires on Black Friday before?

stewarta4

Hey everyone! I've been Black Friday-ing for several years now, but have never really paid attention to any ad (other than an ad scan I found a few minutes ago from WM last year) to see if they have deals on tires. I'm almost due for a new set and it's too close to BF to buy them now if they'll have them on sale then. Has anyone purchased them on Black Friday before? How do places such as Walmart go about installation? I've always assumed their tire center would be closed on BF? Installation on a later date? Fill me in!

I was in the market for new tires last year and checked the Black Friday ads.  I had decided on a particular brand (Continental) both because they matched the standard equipment on my car and were one of the two highest rated by Consumer Reports.  While Conti's are not usually part of the common discounts, it happened that Sears did offer a gift card back with purchase right around Black Friday weekend, so I bought them online and had them installed when they arrived at a local Sears Auto center.

That said, I found the general deals on tires, from Pep Boys, and some others were very similar to deals that are offered often throughout the year, such as buy 3 get one free.  The deals were not much better on Black Friday (and the tires that get these discounts are often not the best rated brands).

Pay close attention not only to the cost of the tires and incentives, but also to any installation charges and charges for things like balancing, which may be required buy some stores but not others.

OH...and welcome to GottaDeal.com!

Edited by mcwalker

I got the tires from Sears last year and the process was decent. One of the Sears in my area had the tire center open all night; the employees were not thrilled. I've also heard that at some if you pay and come back any time on Friday that they will honor it.

Yes I bought tires from sears in 2011. They opened at 4 I went in at 6 the deal was you buy 4 new tires and you receive the shop your way points plus you get a 100.00 gift card instant at check out.

I paid 595.00 for 4 new tires and received shop your way points plus a 100.00 gift card to shop at sears at check out. I then went to a Sears closer to me and spent the gift card on gifts.

Edited by TTFN10000

Hmmm. Thanks guys! And thanks for the welcome!

Might just skip out on buying them on BF...my local Sears closed back in the Spring...closest one is about an hour away. The $100 gift card sounds appealing but the more I think about it, most places I go to always have the buy 3 get one free deal which works out to be about the same.

This year I'll be working Thursday night until 5am Friday morning and then working Friday evening as well...not buying tires will be one less thing to get in the way of my serious shopping, lol!

My tire size was in Wal-Mart one year... I was about 6 months away from needing new tires, but it was such a great deal I bought the tires and when they eventually did need replaced I brought them back to the store with the receipt and they mounted and balanced them for me.

i myself didnt.. but a family member got them for her boyfriend.and the place kept them for her , knowing it was going to be a birthday gift... and she gave him tires off a toy truck  .. far beat someone elses idea ..they got tires for someone ..and get ahold of their car...had them put on.. and then pput a bow/// the girl  did not even realize they were new tires...and hers were horrible!!

Well, yesterday I had a belt break in one of my tires...so ended up not being able to wait until BF to purchase...kinda bummed...but at least it will be one less thing I have to worry about buying on BF! ($450 including alignment at a local tire shop...not sure I could've done much better on BF anyways) 

• 2 weeks later...

Good deal, I am buying them tomorrow with alignment $675 tax and all. I have a Grand Jeep Cherokee 4WD and it always costs me an arm and leg for tires!

You have no idea what an arm and a leg is if you're getting 4 tires and an alignment for $675....I run 35" tires on my truck...they're about $400 each!!!  LOL

• Like 1

Good deal, I am buying them tomorrow with alignment $675 tax and all. I have a Grand Jeep Cherokee 4WD and it always costs me an arm and leg for tires!

Ok that scares me, my Jeep needs new tires, and I was hoping to pay a bit less. Can I ask where you're getting your tires from?

• Like 1

Ok that scares me, my Jeep needs new tires, and I was hoping to pay a bit less. Can I ask where you're getting your tires from?

I am getting them from a local Goodyear dealership. I could have paid less if I shopped around, but not by much. For some reason, Jeep tires are so expensive!!

You have no idea what an arm and a leg is if you're getting 4 tires and an alignment for $675....I run 35" tires on my truck...they're about $400 each!!!  LOL

UGG! I could not stand it!!!

This year, it might be a first for us...I noticed them in the ad scan last night for WM, and DH has to have his car inspected in December, and we know he'll need four new tires...not what I want to spend BF $$, but if it saves us a couple hundred $$ in the long run, so be it...