PetSmart

Rite Aid Re-Opens

Sam's Club

SteinMart Re-Opens

8am

Office Depot/Office Max Re-Open

Walgreens Re-Open

Edited by arci122

I wish that they wouldn't open on Thursday, it just takes something away from the whole "Black Friday" thing.

Yes, and it sure puts a damper on Thanksgiving. "Great seeing you guys, but you have to leave. Now. I know, I know, it's a once a year time when we all get together and all that jazz, but seriously we've got to go shopping."

I hope more stores buck the trend to go earlier and instead keep the opening times on Friday.

I also heard DSW shoe warehouse was going to do Friday. Wishing the big box stores will listen. We have dinner at 5pm out in the boonies and I always had time to get back and kids in bed before going out at like midnight / 2am. I'll just get online deals when/where I can before dinner that night, but Can't do the 6pm. 

I'd sure like to know where to complain. We've been Kohls shoppers for over 10 years, but this is ridiculous. It's time to call for a boycott of all of these Thanksgiving Day openings, but it will do no good. There will still be people knocking each other over to get the "bargains." Maybe it'll be worth it to me this year to forego "Black Thursday" altogether and refuse to buy anything ever again from these retailers.

The view just said Nordstrom and Costco will not be open on thanksgiving.

Costco has union employees.  If they opened on Thanksgiving, they would be in the red.

I'd sure like to know where to complain. We've been Kohls shoppers for over 10 years, but this is ridiculous. It's time to call for a boycott of all of these Thanksgiving Day openings, but it will do no good. There will still be people knocking each other over to get the "bargains." Maybe it'll be worth it to me this year to forego "Black Thursday" altogether and refuse to buy anything ever again from these retailers.

Last year, Kohl's started the bulk of their BF sales on Tuesday of that week online.  Plus you were able to get the $ 15 Kohls cash.  I did that and never set foot into the store.  Plus I received everything exactly one week later.

• Like 2

I am not interestd in going to any store that is open on Thanksgiving!  I used to go to Kmart in the early morning, but then I figured I was just a hypocrite by running up there for the sales and then criticizing stores for being open.  So, if I can shop on my laptop, great. If not, then I will see about Friday morning. I won't even go to my new mall for a midnight opening.  I want Black Friday and Cyber Monday to still be something special.  I also worry about the deals not being great because I have done a ton of shopping so far and gotten some really great deals.  I will have to make my spreadsheets to ensure that I actually need to shop on BF.  

People will shop whenever there is an opportunity to do so. It is not fair to judge people for this. The blame solely belongs on Walmart's shoulders. Yes, you heard that right, Walmart. it does not take a stretch of the imagination to guess why.

How do the doorbusters work in the states that don't allow stores to open on Thanksgiving? Especially those stores that are having staggered doorbusters.  I'm in <Massachusetts and our stores are not allowed to open on Thanksgiving.

FYI: Walmarts in RI/MA are opening at 1AM on Friday.

How do the doorbusters work in the states that don't allow stores to open on Thanksgiving? Especially those stores that are having staggered doorbusters.  I'm in <Massachusetts and our stores are not allowed to open on Thanksgiving.

They work the same way but the 6pm starts at 1am, 8pm starts at 3am, etc. This is how Walmart works, not sure about other stores.

Edited by johjstc