How long have you been shopping on Black Friday?

magickallight

About 11 years, since being with my then-bf now DH, who used to coordinate for his mom for BF. I never did BF before that, but he showed me how fun it could be to be done with Xmas shopping by 9am. :) Now wondering how we're going to do it with DS and DD both under 2...

1994 was my first time getting up early to go shopping. Ft Polk, LA. 1997 was the first time I went to the mall and hit numerous stores in a short amount of time for "power shopping." 2003, was the first time I brought my new wife (then girlfriend) and she has been hooked since.

I have to admit though, the fun has really worn off. I enjoyed the days of being out at 3 am for the great deals. Going out at 6pm or 8pm doesn't carry the same "fun" and the deals aren't as good anymore.

About 20 years or so.  Mostly done at my small hometown Walmart while visiting family for Thanksgiving.  Walmart used to be the only game in town (now there's Fred's and Dollar General) and I can't imagine not going really, whether I need anything or not.  I always run into old friends and classmates so it can actually be quite fun, even though the deals don't seem to be as good as they used to be.   

This is my 13th year. My first time I took my 3 month old baby with me. I had no idea what a bad plan that was until I was stuck in a cart jam with hundreds of coughing/touchy/gross people around my newborn. I learned quick and now consider myself a pro. I would also never in a million years bring a child to black Friday again.

This will be my 22nd year.

Oh,the times I stood out in the dark,cold,snowy wee hours waiting for KMart/Target/ToyRUs to open!

Everyone else thought I was nuts but I wouldn't trade those memories for money.It's not the same anymore (for better or worse) but it's kind of like my own personal "war stories".

For me it was in the 1980's... Big Lots was giving away stuffed dogs and we were waiting in line... I was just a kid so I did not understand why they would give me a toy for free... but I sure was happy to have it.

It seemed like every year I had to get there earlier and earlier. When my son and I went on out first boy scout campout and I woke him up the next morning he asked me if it was time to go shopping, because Black Friday was the only time we went camping with just the 2 of us.

Now he is getting older and we are counting down the days together. I think he likes Black Friday better than Christmas.

I started 15 years ago. I went with my boyfriend (who is now my husband). He no longer goes BF shopping but I still do. I've been hooked from the first time I went. It was so much fun back then. Great doorbusters, free gifts and not as many people as it is now.

I have been going for about 14 years.  It started out as my day out alone.  Then one by one my kids started going with me and then my mom.  Occasionally we take a friend or other relative.  But, they usually don't last for a second year.  lol