Amazon Prime members to get 30 minutes earlier access to select Lightning Deals

Brad

I like this. And a good way for Amazon to try to get some more Prime members.  Smart move.

Others may view it as a selfish and greedy move, further alienating their customer base. Most, like another poster hinted will probably take the trial if offered and then cancel when Black Friday is over.

Others may view it as a selfish and greedy move, further alienating their customer base. Most, like another poster hinted will probably take the trial if offered and then cancel when Black Friday is over.

Would be really kind of amazon to lock this offer to yearly members.Like a perk for paying $100.lol. I wasnt too happy when they raised the price but my son uses his HD all the time.

Looks like I will have to sign up for a free trial in a couple weeks.  I like Amazon, but I only buy stuff from the site around the holidays.  Rarely do I buy any other time of the year.  Though I must admit, I have less income than I used to so that could be a big reason.

I noticed that there are quite a few deals that weren't early access. I wonder what the criteria for certain deals getting chosen for early access and others being all access are. Seems kind of random. Anyway, I'm not a big lightning deal buyer so this particular perk of membership probably isn't going to excite me much. All of the things I need from Amazon are super specific art supplies and of course, never really go on sale. Bummer.

I noticed that there are quite a few deals that weren't early access. I wonder what the criteria for certain deals getting chosen for early access and others being all access are. Seems kind of random. Anyway, I'm not a big lightning deal buyer so this particular perk of membership probably isn't going to excite me much. All of the things I need from Amazon are super specific art supplies and of course, never really go on sale. Bummer.

I use Lightning Deals quite a bit.  Often it's for things I didn't know I needed until they show up and are on a good sale :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...