Home Depot FYI

bripoe

Just an FYI...........we went to Home Depot last night to look at washer/dryers. The salesman said the best time to buy is coming up the month of November. He said there is a sale starting Nov 5. I asked if it beat Black Friday prices and he said this was the Black Friday sale............it's now called Black November. If we bought a set and it was lower price in the sale since it fell within 30 days we would get the lower price.

One of the sets we were looking at were 699 each and he said he was pretty sure they were 999 for the pair on sale. We didnt end up getting that set, but thought if anyone else was looking they might be interested in that info. Now we will just cross our fingers that the set we got is on sale, because every little bit helps! 

Edited by bripoe
  • Like 3

Now if the current set would die I could get new ones that are more efficient.  Is that a bad thing to wish for?

Nope.............LOL!! My dryer died after 13 years............it got so confusing reading reviews! Just as many bad reviews out there as good. I think its a 50/50 chance on getting a good one. I just hate to spend that much money and not like it. The salesman told me I had 90 days to bring them back if I wasnt happy, and there was no restocking fee. The one thing I dont like about the new models is the average cycle time (for the washer) is 53 min.......that seems so much longer than the ones I have now. He said it is because they are more efficient and that makes the dry time alot less. 

Did Home Depot ever fix their security issues? I just received two different Debit cards from the same bank because of their issues.

They have reported that they did fix the problem.  I also have had two cards changed by Chase as a result.  I would't let it get in the way of shopping there as most credit cards are protected from unauthorized charges anyway.  However, I do not have or use debit cards for any purpose as they are not as protected as credit cards and, unlike credit cards, they tap directly into your bank account.

• 1 month later...

I love my high efficiency washer and dryer set.  Although I am disappointed that after 4 years the main computer went out in my dryer.  It is a Whirlpool Duet.  The store I bought it from went out of business and Whirlpool will not honor my 6 year warranty that I paid extra for.  I have also had to have my washer serviced every 6 months because the drain will clog and the washer will stop working.  Luckily Whirlpool will honor the warranty on my washer just not my dryer.  It is going to be $300 to fix the dryer. I  think it might be cheaper to get a new one.