National Retail Federation expects 4.1% increase in holiday sales

Brad

How have their predictions been the last three years?  Seems to me they were wildly optimistic.  I sense the same here.  There are a lot of negative forces at play...

- people are sick.  No one wants to be in crowds of sick people and no one wants to go out when they are sick.

- economy still sucks for many.

- there's nothing to shop for.  nothing is going to get people out to put their hands on product.

I expect sales to be reported as up then adjusted down all the way to the new year.

My thoughts are toys for kids and grownups are getting MORE expensive - when a child that would have been happy with a teddy bear wants a tablet or robotic pet - to keep them happy - parents spend more. Plus, grownups buy for themselves during the big sales during the 4th quarter, new tablets, new Apple products being released and older versions being sold at great prices = more spending.

I think internet stores sales will hit an all time high this year - more and more people are going to shop from the comfort of their home and without the worry of catching all these illnesses that are out there.