Do you do ALL of your Holiday Shopping on Black Friday?

magickallight

Just wondering if anyone does ALL of their holiday shopping on Black Friday? I basically LIVE on GottaDeal all year long - so I find great deals on things to put away all the time... so I would say I do about 50% of my shopping during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping period.

Does anyone else shop all year long? If so - how much of you shopping would you say you already have done?

I don't shop year round but I try and start by September; I'm late this year and just purchased my first items today. For me, Black Friday is when I'm finishing up on all the must haves on my kids list; December is generally just me buying stocking stuffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1

It depends what's on sale. This year I am probably doing the xbox one on one of the shopping channels where you get 6 defered payments. You pay the 1st and it ships the next day.

Black Friday is usually the matching shirts for my dad and hubby, and toys etc

• Like 1

The Target toy clearances also help me with the grandkids, I also love Kohls clearances too. I have 2 grandkids done, other grandkids almost done and a few things for everybody else (I think) If I am going to run out of money I want to take care of the children on my list first. However, I have no clue what to get my 11 year old. She has given me a list but I'm not sure yet. I do have her stocking done!!!!

• Like 1

I checked a few people off of my list with the Target toy clearance too. Black Friday weekend accounts for maybe 50% of my Christmas shopping overall. The rest is done here & there when I find another good deal. 

• Like 1

I shop year round too. I would say this year we are about 40% done so far. On an average we do anywhere from 25 to 50% of our Christmas Shopping on BF. Depends on what the kids want, sales I find during the year and what the BF deals are. Our goal is to be done with the exception of gift cards by Dec 1st.

• Like 1

I occasionally pick up some stocking stuffers either during sales at Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens or loca items when traveling throughout the year, but I don'r really start Christmas shopping until just before Black Friday.  Still, I don't find most of the gifts on Black Friday and much of what I buy on Black Friday and surrounding days is for myself or household use.

• Like 1

It really depends each year on what from my list is available on Black Friday. A lot of times I end up getting stuff before BF due to online sales and stuff.  This year I doubt I will be getting too much--my kids are getting one good size gift each and then season passes for Cedar Point/Soak city for next year.  I have one gift bought so far and will probably buy another this month. No hurry since my list is thankfully not extensive.

I'm amazed at all of you who Christmas shop through the year. I never know what anyone wants ahead of time!

I shop for Ornaments and Christmas books at Hallmark in Jan/Feb when they have been marked down 50 to 75% off. My mom and kids are into crafts so I am always looking for crafty stuff for them. Slipper socks, slippers, hats, gloves, winter PJs are all things they can use and you can find great marked down prices on them at the end of Winter.

• Like 1

I'm probably about 50% done at this point. I bought my first gift back in July, but that is not the norm for me. I get to anxious to give people what I got them, so I have a hard time holding on to stuff this long.  I usually start around September, when the temps start getting just a little cooler. That's when I start wanting to listen to Christmas music, and really get in "the mood". 

I do quite a bit of my shopping on Black Friday, but in years past I got a profit share check right before then and we're not getting one this year so I've had to start earlier and space it out.

I was able to get several toys today at Kmart because they have their clearance toys an add'l 50% off, these will be for angel tree kids. I usually am a Black Friday only shopper or mostly, but this year, I have been more organized and have tried to get things all year long. I feel better about it too!

I watch for deals as summer comes to a close and then add to what I have on Black Friday. My granddaughter is into Breyer horse models, big time, so don't know if I will see much in that category. The rest of the family and I drew names so the shopping list is smaller than in previous years. I think I would like to check out Tuesday Morning this year and see what they might offer. In the beginning years I bought all my major items at Black Friday because the deals were great and my dollar went a lot farther but now that the kids are grown and only one granddaughter I don't need as many deals so it will depend on what I am looking for.

Nothing beats Black Friday for electronics deals. Many talk of year round deals, and though there are some to be had, they are generally not in the same category or model for me to bite on them. I have seen many chinese knock-off TVs being sold at historically low prices, but you do get what you pay for, and in the 4K market, that can spell disaster when you understand their limitations for launching so early.

I was able to get several toys today at Kmart because they have their clearance toys an add'l 50% off, these will be for angel tree kids. I usually am a Black Friday only shopper or mostly, but this year, I have been more organized and have tried to get things all year long. I feel better about it too!

Thanks for the heads up about KMart. I hardly ever go in there any more, but I would venture in to see 50% off toys. Of course the last time I did this they accused me of putting a tag on the back of a toy (they said "We dont put the tags on the back) Really I must be desperate for a big bird toy figure!! Then it took them 30 minutes to return my few items, you know maybe I won't go back after all