The 2014 Black Friday Product Charts (Updated 11/26)

stationchief

It's that time of year again. Time for the... (wait for it)...

2014 GottaDeal.com Black Friday Product Charts!

I'm now making the official call for volunteers for this year's charts. If you'd like to volunteer please send me a PM and I'll set you up.

It's pretty simple. As each ad comes in you'll be responsible for logging in to a special website where you'll enter detailed information (item's description, price, store, type, resolution, etc) for all the items of a particular product. Some are fairly easy, others may require more research and effort. It all depends on how much time you're willing to put in. We have a lil' community of volunteers who all help each other out every year so you won't be alone. Plus I'll be looking into adding a possible incentive for all your help ;)

These charts have been extremely popular among all Black Friday shoppers every year, and I expect them to be even more so this year so I'll need lots of help putting them together.

This year's product charts will still be located at blackfridaycharts.com. Last year's charts, for comparison, are located at blackfridaycharts.com/previous/2013.

What are these so-called charts, you say? Have a look at a tenth (yes it's been that long!) anniversary message with their past history, how they came to be, all mixed in with a lil' of me: blackfridaycharts.com/MyStory.html

Let the Black Friday madness begin! :trampolin

• Like 2

Thanks to all who have contacted me thus far! We'll be starting very soon and we're still looking for a few more volunteers, so if you haven't already agreed to help out Brad with the site's ad work, let me know if you're interested in helping out with the charts.

• Like 1

Thanks again to all that have agreed to help out this year!

While we're waiting for the first ad to come in for a landing, it got me thinking about what can be done to improve the charts this year. Other than, well, more charts that is.

So what new feature or addition to the product charts would you like to see this year to make them even more helpful? A way to choose what details (columns) you want displayed for each chart? A way to sort those columns any way you choose? A mobile friendly site? Chime in if you will! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest just in time for the live webcast tonite with BigJimSlade...

The first items for 2014 are in the charts! One TV and one tablet from the Goody's chain of stores!

Now that we've got our first items I've implemented some new features for 2014. The ability to sort the columns any way you want by click/drag, and hiding columns with info you're not interested in. So, you want to print out a chart with the prices first and hide all the techie mumbo-jumbo that's taking up all that space? You got it! You can make your chart the way you want. Still might be a lil' buggy with certain browsers, but go give it a try and lemme know what'ca think.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! That's the reason why we do this :)

Another update as we've been bombarded with huge ads as of late. A lot of items' details are still pending but fear not. We're still working hard to get things ready for the weekend.

Also, usually every year we have requests for a detailed text listing of all the DVDs and Blu-ray titles pictured in the ads. I'm going to do this in the DVDs and Blu-ray charts this year. Therefore, if you're interested in the movies and TV seasons that are available for Black Friday, go check out the product charts at blackfridaycharts.com!

• Like 1

I am wanting a tablet that has a sim card slot. I looked at the descriptions, but didn't see any that have the slot.

Typically you'll find SIM card slots on tablets that support 3G/4G data service. The Samsung Galaxy Tabs do and some models of iPads, but other than those it's uncommon for a typical tablet to have that feature. Wi-fi is much more common.

HUGE update this morning! As we are nearing the final stretch to Black Friday the charts will be updated more often.

We should be nearly caught up with all of the most recent ads that have been released since last night. A few things still need to be added here and there, but we'll get 'em.

And I'm aware that there's a slight problem with sorting the description columns properly. That should be fixed shortly.

We've all been working hard to get this latest avalanche of ads entered into the charts. Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

• Like 3

It's that time of year again. Time for the... (wait for it)...

2014 GottaDeal.com Black Friday Product Charts!

I'm now making the official call for volunteers for this year's charts. If you'd like to volunteer please send me a PM and I'll set you up.

It's pretty simple. As each ad comes in you'll be responsible for logging in to a special website where you'll enter detailed information (item's description, price, store, type, resolution, etc) for all the items of a particular product. Some are fairly easy, others may require more research and effort. It all depends on how much time you're willing to put in. We have a lil' community of volunteers who all help each other out every year so you won't be alone. Plus I'll be looking into adding a possible incentive for all your help ;)

These charts have been extremely popular among all Black Friday shoppers every year, and I expect them to be even more so this year so I'll need lots of help putting them together.

This year's product charts will still be located at blackfridaycharts.com. Last year's charts, for comparison, are located at blackfridaycharts.com/previous/2013.

What are these so-called charts, you say? Have a look at a tenth (yes it's been that long!) anniversary message with their past history, how they came to be, all mixed in with a lil' of me: blackfridaycharts.com/MyStory.html

Let the Black Friday madness begin! :trampolin

Hi 

You might want to update the Walmart Dell laptop.

ell Silver 15.6" Inspiron 15R Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

• Intel Core i7-4500U processor

3.0GHz, 4MB Cache in 1TB hard drive laptop with Windows 8.1

• 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory

Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

• 1TB SATA hard drive

Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more

• DVD drive

Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

• 10/100 Fast Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN

Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11n connection built into your PC

• 15.6" touchscreen display

Intel HD 4400 Graphics with HDMI capabilities on Dell Inspiron 15R laptop with 8GB memory and touchscreen

Additional Features:

• 1TB hard drive laptop with Windows 8.1 has a 1 megapixel webcam
  • 8-in-1 memory card reader
  • 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • 6-cell lithium ion battery
  • Silver Dell 15.6" Inspiron Laptop weighs 5.18 lbs, 14.8"L x 10.2"W x 1.1"H

Software:

• Genuine Microsoft Windows 8.1
  • Microsoft Office Trial
  • McAfee LiveSafe (30-day trial)
  • Backup and Restore options built into Windows allow you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst