Might not even go out and order online

2000SE

I ordered online last year also.  Black Friday is just not the same since it's technically is now Black Thursday/Thanksgiving day.  But like you, I did go out to a couple of stores last year for nostalgia sake, but I didn't really get the same kind of thrill that I used to get, being one of the first people in the store around 5:00 a.m., getting some of the most sought after gifts for the season.  Man!  That was fun!!  :gd_orange

As my list of who I buy for gets smaller, and those who are on my list are at that 'gift card and electronics' stage, I don't know if I'll bother either. I do like to people watch, so I may go out sometime FRIDAY to see what I can see, but I think I will do the bulk of my shopping online this year

I've been going out for so many years that I find it hard to just sit at home. I just have to be out in the thick of things, with all the energy and excitement. I will probably do some online shopping on my phone in the stores, while waiting for the store sales to start, though.

Over the past couple of years, I've ordered a few items online. My family knows that Black Friday is my personal national holiday. Whether I buy stuff online or not, I always go out late evening for several hours, come home and go to sleep and then head back out Friday afternoon. It's my me time. 

I did the majority of my shopping online last year.. and only went to the the stores to get the small items like Walmart's Rubbermaid Tupperware, pj's....I agree,  BF in store shopping is not the same anymore, it was a nightmare last year. Too many people just walking and fooling around with no intention of buying anything killed the fun.

Last year I bought a lot of stuff online during Thanksgiving morning.  Then I went out to the stores around 11:00pm but for some reason it didn't feel right.  It didn't feel like Black Friday.  I miss the old good days.  It was the thrill to set the alarm clock to wake up around 2:00am and go out and freeze your butt out in line and then fight the crowd to get your items.

Like many of you, we do A LOT of our shopping online - I even ordered my Home Depot batteries online and picked up in store a couple of days later last year - but we still go out and fight the crowds for certain doorbusters and ad items that don't make it online. I am in charge of my church Life Group's purchases for our adopted families and last year we had 12 kids to buy for. Doing a lot of that online was SO much easier than standing in KMart at 4 a.m. deciding which winter coat which kid will like. 

I usually do 50/50.  Last year I was ill with the flu so I really didn't go out except for Walgreens.   They had a few items that I wanted, plus it's the closest store to my house.  They had the items I wanted in stock.  For me, the early start for BF is a deal breaker.  I want to enjoy my Thanksgiving with my family.  So this year if there is an early start I will be buying online. Love Amazon and Prime!

I think a lot has changed over the years as well. As much as I love that “feeling” that Black Friday has brought me in the past, I can’t overlook the convenience of shopping on-line and the safety of being home and not freezing my butt off or standing with my hand on an item intended for far less than the crowd surrounding it.

I remember when my wife and I first started black Friday shopping many many years ago…we would wake up at 4am and shop till 7pm ON FRIDAY buying about 95% of the gifts that we needed to buy. Now with all the different timed “events” and time and dates starting earlier it impossible to recreate traditions past.

I refuse to fit Thanksgiving meal around a shopping schedule instead of the vice versa. I would rather they move it Wednesday evening/night and leave Thursday alone.   

I did all of my shopping online last year, along with some things earlier.  I'll do the same this year as I'm having hip replacement surgery on 11/4, so that takes care of that.  Thanks to GD I knew what I wanted and just logged on and got it.  I only buy for 3 people and 2 of them are almost done.  And I have no idea what to get my hubby anyway.

I'm one of those who hates the early starts.  I don't think it should start until at least midnight Friday.....totally ridiculous.