Secret Santa 2014 Official Discussion Thread

pogiporkchop

Four people will shipping delayed but with good reasons.

Unfortunately, six people have not been in touch with me and so I must assume have not shopped. These six have received a PM and have until the end of today to reply. If I do not hear by the time I'm ready to go to sleep I'll be calling on my elves. Seven will be needed unless I have some willing to shop for more than one. I'll even step up if needed.

This is not what I was expecting.

Unfortunately, six people have not been in touch with me and so I must assume have not shopped. These six have received a PM and have until the end of today to reply. If I do not hear by the time I'm ready to go to sleep I'll be calling on my elves. Seven will be needed unless I have some willing to shop for more than one. I'll even step up if needed.

Wow that is alot of elfs for one year!!!!!!! What has happened? Last year didnt need even one elf.  :no:

• Like 1

Wow!! That's is truly 100% unexpected !!!

Makes me sad for the people that are exited & waiting for their gifts to arrive, I hope

All will work it self out :((

I'll be looking forward to ya host next year !

You do a fantastic job !!!!

Thankfully I'm getting some replies. A few more will be late in going but will be going.

Unfortunately in the past there have been issues with people receiving but not giving. That is why we have some requirements. It is also why participants are required to send tracking numbers to the host and why recipients are asked to post or PM that packages were received... A few years ago, if I remember correctly, I had two play SS to me because my SS forgot to send the tracking number and before that package could arrive I got an elf package. And yes, I did pass the kindness forward.

I agree it's not nice to use our exchange to try to score free stuff. I also know that things happen beyond our control or at times time will run away from us. However, everything rights itself in the end: those who just forgot get in touch, those who get but don't give are revealed when the lists are posted and those who give above and beyond are recognized at the same time. In the end, everyone gets a package. :)

• Like 3

I received my SS gifts yesterday and I was not disappointed! I got a Coca Cola cookbook, some yummy hot chocolate and chocolates. A snowman Pez dispenser for my collection and the best of all, my new Coca Cola Volkswagon! I was trying to be funny with the question about what I would buy myself but my SS nailed it. Thank you!

post-74018-0-05149000-1417905849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spice9195
  • Like 4

I received my SS gifts yesterday and I was not disappointed! I got a Coca Cola cookbook, some yummy hot chocolate and chocolates. A snowman Pez dispenser for my collection and the best of all, my new Coca Cola Volkswagon! I was trying to be funny with the question about what I would by myself but my SS nailed it.

Too cute :)) !!

Edited by Pepper_Mint_Tea
  • Like 2

I'm assuming I was part of that number as I received a message from you today about not getting my info. I sent an email with tracking info 3 days ago. Perhaps in the future there should only b one method of communication so it will b easier to keep track of all the communication flying back and forth.

I have already planned for that. That, the date the thread will be started and what to do about the shipping deadline.

There are now only two I have not heard from as of yet; everyone else is accounted for. I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we get through what I think is the most challenging time of the entire exchange. The lists will be posted on Christmas Day.

• Like 4

Hey Chief Elf...I have time on Tuesday to shop if you need another elf helper.  Count me in as part of your back up.

And to my Secret Santa!  :holiday12 

Your package arrived Friday!  I picked it up Saturday  (because I work overnights and sleep days).  Thank you so very much!  I received the biggest Reese's Peanut Butter cup i ever saw!!  You gave me more chocolate then my mother got!  And better yet...mom hates peanut butter!  Which means it is all MINE!!! and I don't have to worry about it "disappearing!"  I also received a cute Yankee Candle tea light Penguin luminary, some holiday slipper socks and a noodle bowl with linder choclates.  Unfortunately, mom is eyeballing the slipper socks and the lindor truffles, and I think they may "disappear' very soon. 

Thank you so very much!  What a nice surprise!  :holiday16 

I'll post pictures in a a couple of days when I am off work. 

• Like 5

I recileived my SS gift yesterday and was so excited and couldn't help opening it. I received my favorite candy haribo gummy bears, which my twins tore into right away. The next thing I opened was my daughters favorite, a calander she wanted it hung right away. The rest of the package contained a delicious mixture of scents needed for a staycation, lotions, hand sanitizers and candles :) my fur babies were also included giving my dogs treats and cookies and my fat cat a stocking of toys. These gifts my twins put in my fur babies stockings immediately. Thank you so much. You brightened my holidays even more. *feeling blessed*
  • Like 9

So excited to see all the packages coming in! Such fun!

Unfortunate the elves are needed this year, but it is my hope that situations will improve for those who were unable to uphold their end of things. (I prefer to hope that they had good reason but didn't communicate properly versus thinking they're dirt.)

Thank you, pogiporkchop for doing a great job as host! Already looking forward to next year even though this year's not over yet! :holiday10

As for me - for those who caught my post about baking that monstrous pile of cookies, I am FINISHED!!! Turned my oven off at 1:45 this morning! Ha! Whew!!! It's always a labor of love and this year it was definitely a lot of LABOR!!! lol

• Like 4

I got my OE package in the mail today. how exiting it is to open up a special package just for you. :)

I received the most Darling surprise, I want to add that I LOVE candles. When I was opening up my stuff, this wonderful smell greeted

me as I began to take my goodies outta the Bag !! made the experience that much more special :))

Love my Ornaments too cute, thank you so much Secret OE !!!!!!

P. love the holiday note inside very nice touch :)

Hhahha here's my OE goodies, man can ha tell I'm bad at this !!!!

post-197531-0-30017600-1418072027_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Good to see packages are getting to their destinations!

And yes, it is with great regret that the Firm had to send summons for elf duty. It's minimal but still very disappointing... I had to lock up the bamboo nog. And take away pencils. And scissors. Not a happy bunch of accountants right now.