walmart clearance

nick_jenni_jocelyn

I was at a local walmart this afternoon and there is a bunch of good clearance in the bedding dept. they had king and queen sized comforters, the $60-70$ ones for 20 bucks. all bed in a bag sets were $20. they had sheet sets for as low as $2.00 for twin size(this was a COMPLETE set, both sheets and pillow cases). they had a boatload of king sized 300 thread count sheet sets for $10. wish i knew someone witha king sized bed, but i dont.

i got my SIL a full sized sheet set for $4.00 and a flannel set for $10.00. My niece a princess towel with hood for $5.00 along with a tigger one for my nephew for $5.00. might want to check your local WM out for the good deals. however, xmas stuff was still 75% off... not 90 yet???

Has anyone else experienced this pattern with WalMart clearance deals?

I have been following a long thread/rant on another forum about WalMart clearance sales. Other than the obvious Christmas clearance deals, it seems that WalMart clearance sales are VERY much store specific. Even stores that are in close proximity to one another do not seem to have the same clearance prices. Items on clearance in one store are still at full price at the one 5 miles down the road. :insane:

I was in a nearby WalMart one morning last Fall when the hardware/tool guy was marking down a huge cartload of stuff. He said that a "district manager" had just paid them a surprise visit and was very unhappy with stock levels on those items. He was ordered to "mark them down to $.25 and get rid of them now". I loaded up my cart with the stuff in a hurry. Most of the items were originally $4-$7 each. :2roller:

So... when I see the WalMart clearance deals posted on the web, I wonder if it's a similar situation. I chased one supposed "clearance deal" yesterday and was told that the item was brand new and had just been received this week. They couldn't understand why another WalMart store was selling a brand new $118 item for $50.

Has anyone else experienced this pattern with WalMart clearance deals?

I have been following a long thread/rant on another forum about WalMart clearance sales. Other than the obvious Christmas clearance deals, it seems that WalMart clearance sales are VERY much store specific. Even stores that are in close proximity to one another do not seem to have the same clearance prices. Items on clearance in one store are still at full price at the one 5 miles down the road. :insane:

I was in a nearby WalMart one morning last Fall when the hardware/tool guy was marking down a huge cartload of stuff. He said that a "district manager" had just paid them a surprise visit and was very unhappy with stock levels on those items. He was ordered to "mark them down to $.25 and get rid of them now". I loaded up my cart with the stuff in a hurry. Most of the items were originally $4-$7 each. :2roller:

So... when I see the WalMart clearance deals posted on the web, I wonder if it's a similar situation. I chased one supposed "clearance deal" yesterday and was told that the item was brand new and had just been received this week. They couldn't understand why another WalMart store was selling a brand new $118 item for $50.

I have this happen to me too. I have 2 local walmarts, both within equal driving distance, just depends on which one i go too. The one in the town where my dh works, its ok. they dont have that great of clearances and seems to be behind on getting new things in. the other one just opened in october and seems to be more up to date and where i find things on clearance the most and for the best price, once its on clearance. I usually try to go to this one since it has other stores around it that i like(old navy, ross, bed bath and beyond). the one in town is where i go to when i meet my dh for lunch.

Guest Deals4Me

yeah, thats why Darren and I on Saturday hit 3 Targets and 3 Walmarts... Orland Walmart was a fun fest for clearance....

You can get different deals at a store not very far...

Guest Deals4Me

they have tons of toys on clearance but at like 50 CENTS off the original price...NOT A DEAL

yeah, thats like a sale...not clearance. Targets 15% and 30% are insults...Thats not clearance...its a sale.

I have more patience with Target being at 30% because you know they will go lower...walmart you just never know....and the price doesnt seem to be set on what is marked off....some of the prices showed regular...now I dont know if they rang up less...but I just didnt have the patience.

Do all Walmarts have a different Clearance schedule and procedure? Other then holiday Clearance stuff my Walmart never has clearance. If it does its always less then a dollar off or just a dollar but the item is normally over $25! They have had the same clearance stuff for months and it never goes anywhere. Hoping the new Walmart they will be opening soon will be different. I will finally have more then one Walmart in less then an hour drive now if only they will open another Target!

Vicki

my walmart is crazy on how they do clearnce,, this fri i was there and they had two cart full of snacks like the stuff at reg. slims jims,trail mix,sunflower seeds. ect marked down 3/1.00 . but no sheets and toys were still only couple dollars off most this some was maybe 50%