Christmas music (it's never too early!)

HansieDZ

Christmas music and Christmas movies are something that can cheer me up year round... my mom said when I was little I used to drive the neighbors crazy playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer all year long on my record player and singing at the top of my lungs. :)

Edited by magickallight
  • Like 2

I have been listening to my Christmas playlists on youtube since the weather has turned cooler...

Something about the seasonable temps that makes you believe that YEP! Winter is on its way and that means

CHRISTMAS!!!!

I have always been the sort of person who doesn't believe that Christmas isn't  a season so much as a way of looking at life and the reasons we are here on this earth.

Gonna try to live that happy feeling every day: It really is The Most Wonderful of Time of the Year!

:)

Edited by HansieDZ
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I usually have a very strict No Christmas music before Thanksgiving rule...but I totally blew that away today when Pentatonix released their new Christmas album.  If you haven't heard of them before, you very much need to go listen to the song previews on Itunes or Amazon.  They are an amazing acapella group.   :singer:

http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Christmas-To-Me-Pentatonix/dp/B00NEJ7MMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413928329&sr=8-1&keywords=that%27s+christmas+to+me

• Like 1

I'm still old fashioned and buy CD's (I don't have a mp3 player or iPod) but don't buy as many anymore.  Any suggestions on new albums coming out this year.  I haven't been too fond of the last few years of releases.  I almost gave up music because of the Cee-Lo Green Christmas album a couple years ago.

Sounds of the season christmas music on music choice I read starts tonight nov.2 at midnight! Last year I stayed up to hear the first song :)

I think you were the one I was posting with last year!

The first song was Jimmy Boyd's "Jingle Bells".

Wonder what the first one will be for this year???

I'm just hoping I can stay awake until then,but with the time change,it should be easier.

Does anyone else love early jazz as much as I do? I tend to gravitate towards Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong strongly throughout the year, but especially during the holidays. The music is such a stress reliever for me. I'd love to find a music station that played this type of holiday music specifically. Does such a thing exist?