Official Black Friday SMARTPHONE Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

Verizon is giving  $200 trade-in credit (with two year contract of course) on iPhones 4/s and 5/s who upgrade to iPhone 6. That makes the basic 16GB model free. My DS is trying to decide between iPhone 6, the Plus version or a Note 3 or 4. Decisions... decisions.....

Verizon is giving  $200 trade-in credit (with two year contract of course) on iPhones 4/s and 5/s who upgrade to iPhone 6. That makes the basic 16GB model free. My DS is trying to decide between iPhone 6, the Plus version or a Note 3 or 4. Decisions... decisions.....

Verizon made my decision for me. Definitely trading in if they're going to take my old as heck iPhone 4.

This is interesting...

IMHO, the iPhone 6 launch is a bit of a fizzle...  But it looks like the major carriers had been really looking to it to bump sales.  And now they're already making huge adjustments in order to try and drive growth...

Sprint's new $100/family 20GB data plan looks almost too good to be true for me, so I'm looking into it too.

I'm currently with Verizon, have been for years as they had the best coverage by far in my area when I went to them.  My phone is out of contract in December.  My son's phone is out of contract already.  My tablet has another 18mo, my wife's phone has 15mo and my other son's phone has about 8 months.  I haven't calculated the early termination fee yet.

DS got the iPhone 6 plus 64 GB for $175 (Reg. $399) after trading in his iPhone 5. Paid only $130 for his iPhone 5 two years ago, so he's happy. Battery life seems to be MUCH improved and gets better reception 'out in the sticks'.

That is the one I ordered Friday after seeing it at the Apple Store. I sell my phone before I upgrade. I sold my 5 32 for 250. I sold every iPhone to almost pay for the next one. It sucks it will not come towards the end of October. I am getting AppleCare. It's worth it, on the 5 I went caseless.

DS got the iPhone 6 plus 64 GB for $175 (Reg. $399) after trading in his iPhone 5. Paid only $130 for his iPhone 5 two years ago, so he's happy. Battery life seems to be MUCH improved and gets better reception 'out in the sticks'.

Verizon makes you send in the phone, they look at it and then determine if it's in "perfect", "good", "ok", or "not acceptable" shape and then they send you a Verizon gift card for the amount corresponding to their grade of the phone.  They said this will take several weeks, like 6 to 8.  The gift card can be used towards Verizon bills and accessories or other phones.

Who is your DS with?  Did they give the trade in value to your son up front?

Last time I upgraded I did it through BestBuy. Did it all right in store I wiped the phone they did the trade in and I got the new phone. Probably be the same thing I do this time, except I won't be doing it until next year as I waited the last time so I have a few months left for the discount.

Verizon contract is already up and I really need a new phone.  Thinking about switching carriers b/c its time to cave in and the my teenager a phone

I'm in the same situation.  I may jump early with the at&t double data deals.  I wish people would post more information about carriers and plans in this thread.  Please include zip codes.

I'm in Atlanta and just did the Verizon trade-in deal and got $200 towards the iPhone 6 Plus ( the 6 would've been free, but I paid $100 to get the 6 Plus).

The Verizon stores are out of the 6 & 6 Plus so it's being shipped to me at the end of October. Then I'll send them my phone. The deal was supposed to end Sept 30th though, so you had to initiate the trade-in process by then.

I stayed with the same plan I already had, just switched phones and had to sign a 2 year contract.

I've been a member since 2005, but I believe this is my first post :)

Edited by milkspld

I'm in the same situation.  I may jump early with the at&t double data deals.  I wish people would post more information about carriers and plans in this thread.  Please include zip codes.

ATT double data deals are only on large quantities of data.  The doubling starts if you are on a 15 GB or larger plan.  (plans jump from 10GB to 30GB in this case)

It is great if you use alot of data, not so great if you use little.  Although, if you are considering a move to a 2015 Chevy/GMC/Buick/etc. the vehicle would be part of your data bucket and a larger plan may be beneficial if you are in your car alot.  The LTE service that GM advertises is through ATT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...