Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I'm looking to get gifts for a boys age group 6-9 should I buy one of nintendo ds variations? Or wii mini or?? I need something the parents can purchase games for in the next few years not something that will be obsolete and discontinued.

Have you thought about getting them a Nabi? My boys love them and there are always new games coming out.

I am thinking about getting the XBox One for my children for Christmas.  We have a basic Nintendo Wii and I'm thinking it's time to upgrade since they don't seem to be making Wii games anymore.  I am looking for some advice on who has the best deal (hoping to buy one online rather than having to go into a store).  Also, is there a difference between the Kinect version and the regular version?  Thanks!

everyone has the same deal so take your pick of stores, its just a matter of what games you want that come with the system, that is the only difference in the stores. all them are offering a bundle for $329.

Kinect is an extra $100 I think its just a motion sensor that works with some games only

• Like 2

I am thinking about getting the XBox One for my kids.  Can someone explain what Kinect is and why I may want to have it?  I was reading through a lot of the posts on this thread and they said it is good for younger kids.  My kids are 6,7, and almost 9.  Thanks!

Thanks for the quick replies!  My kids are ages 6,7, and 8.  They like games like Mario Kart, Just Dance, Minecraft, and Disney Infinity. My son would also like to get Madden this year.   Does Kinect work with any of those games?  Thanks again. 

Thanks for the quick replies! My kids are ages 6,7, and 8. They like games like Mario Kart, Just Dance, Minecraft, and Disney Infinity. My son would also like to get Madden this year. Does Kinect work with any of those games? Thanks again.

I see you mentioned Mario Kart; that's a nintendo exclusive so you won't find that on Xbox one. Out of those you mentioned, I believe Just Dance is the only one that would work with Kinect.

As other posters have stated only some need the kinect.Mostly the action games which from the ages of ur kids id think youd want the kinect.Mind you the system only comes with one control so youll need another for 3 kids.Controlers are about $40 so factor that in when thinking about the kinect. All 3 can play kinct games without needing 3 controllers.Just food for thought.

And a really fun game even my 18 yr old loves is the sports for xbox.Like the Wii sports game.Its really fun to play as a family.

Edited by Deal Grabber
  • Like 1

Walmart is going to have a PS4 with lego batman, LBP and madden15 with an extra controller for 449.99 on cyber monday. How hard do you think this will be to order? 

Oh thank you for that heads up that's a great deal. 

Side note, anyone seen a deal on Disney Inifinity for PS4?  All the ads i have seen are on the Xbox one version

Walmart is going to have a PS4 with lego batman, LBP and madden15 with an extra controller for 449.99 on cyber monday. How hard do you think this will be to order? 

I thought they had this today and it sold out?  It may be pretty hard.  You may want to jump on it as soon as it pops up again.  That's a fantastic price.  

Oh thank you for that heads up that's a great deal. 

Side note, anyone seen a deal on Disney Inifinity for PS4?  All the ads i have seen are on the Xbox one version

I haven't really kept up with any of the Disney Infinity items, but GENERALLY speaking when games go on sale on Black Friday for both consoles.  A lot of times they'll use the game box in the ad to advertise one specific version of the game, ps4 version of Destiny for example, however, it'll still be on sale that day on the xbox one.

You will find the 12 month live cards for $35 right before and right after Christmas at lots of places. I bought my ds's last year through Newegg. In fact I have bought them at that price at the Holiday/New Year time for many years now. You can probably search the archives to see when those sales popped up last year.

Riven3d is right. They are the same on price. I checked on our chart site to be sure. You may want to check it out because some of them have a bundle with games. Though usually the games in the bundle are for older kids. http://www.blackfridaycharts.com. It's also a great place to check for games, controllers and other accessories you will need. Good luck I hope you find what your looking for!

Merry Black Friday! :)