Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Thanks everyone for your input. I truly appreciate it. I'm going to take your advice and go with the ps4 and sell the games that come with it since it's not age appropriate. With the WM $50 gift card I can pick up some games for them. Happy Black  Friday shopping to you all.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input. I truly appreciate it. I'm going to take your advice and go with the ps4 and sell the games that come with it since it's not age appropriate. With the WM $50 gift card I can pick up some games for them. Happy Black  Friday shopping to you all.

I'm pretty sure that only the PS4 only package comes with the gift card, not the bundle with the games. There is another PS4 bundle with Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet.

• Like 1

My son wants to upgrade to Xbox one....looking to trade in his 250gb Xbox at Best Buy to get the $100 gift card..thru 11-15 can get an extra $50 but not impressed with their current prices on current bundles nor the BF ad.Wonder if they will have any specials where they offer gift card with purchase??

I'm pretty sure that only the PS4 only package comes with the gift card, not the bundle with the games. There is another PS4 bundle with Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet.

Love that bundle unfortunately from the ad it appears that is in store only at TRU

If his friends have the 360, he will newd the 360 to play online with them. We got the One last year but mybson also kept his 360 because most of his friends did not upgrade to new system.

This is exactly what my oldest son did.  He got the One but still has his Xbox360 hooked up too.  His friends do all have the One but they also play 360 a lot still too.

This is why the number of HDMI inputs comes in handy on your TV's - :)

This is exactly what my oldest son did.  He got the One but still has his Xbox360 hooked up too.  His friends do all have the One but they also play 360 a lot still too.

This is why the number of HDMI inputs comes in handy on your TV's - :)

And it's why I won't consider any TV that only has 2.  Our current one has 3 so new tv needs to have 3 or 4.  Hopefully 4.  My son plans to keep his ps3 and 360 when he gets the ps4.  Ps3 could go in another room he's not playing it

Or, with a proper home theater setup, your receiver has all the inputs and your TV only needs one.

Our TV downstairs has the home theater but no game systems are allowed on that.  The TV's for the kids rooms won't have home theater systems and in my family those are the one's with all the HDMI stuff to plug in.  

I think my oldest son has his computer in a port on his TV along with his Xbox One and the Xbox 360.

My daughter has a Wii, an Xbox 360 along with a blu-ray.

Edited by nikkilugi
  • Like 1

My son wants to upgrade to Xbox one....looking to trade in his 250gb Xbox at Best Buy to get the $100 gift card..thru 11-15 can get an extra $50 but not impressed with their current prices on current bundles nor the BF ad.Wonder if they will have any specials where they offer gift card with purchase??

Can you tell me where I can find information about the trade-in offer at Best Buy? Is it just for an XBox? I have a PS3 I would like to trade-in. Thanks.

Edited by FlyersSuperFan

I am looking for the Xbox One with Kinect (Wife really wants the Kinect as she is a Wii fan). They have a few ok bundles but nothing that gets me too excited. The best Buy deal with the extra controller might be the best. I am hoping to be able to pick it up online (disabled Vet so stores are really a no go).

Anybody seen a better deal?

Edited by Sgtlowe

I am looking for the Xbox One with Kinect (Wife really wants the Kinect as she is a Wii fan). They have a few ok bundles but nothing that gets me too excited. The best Buy deal with the extra controller might be the best. I am hoping to be able to pick it up online (disabled Vet so stores are really a no go).

Anybody seen a better deal?

Just an FYI, but there aren't very many games that use the Kinect like the Wii did.

Hasting has a pretty good deal. $430 + $100 gift card, but I agree Best Buy sounds the best to me.

Remember Microsoft dropped the price $50 so when places say $430 w/ Kinect, your are really only getting an additional $20 off.

The Microsoft Store just posted their BF deals:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/black-friday-deals/categoryID.67001100?icid=HomePage_TopStripe_BF_11914

$430 + free game.

Edited by flyjar

Just an FYI, but there aren't very many games that use the Kinect like the Wii did.

Hasting has a pretty good deal. $430 + $100 gift card, but I agree Best Buy sounds the best to me.

Remember Microsoft dropped the price $50 so when places say $430 w/ Kinect, your are really only getting an additional $20 off.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/black-friday-deals/categoryID.67001100?icid=HomePage_TopStripe_BF_11914

$430 + free game.

Thanks I will check it out.

Does anyone know if this:

http://www.microsoft...Stripe_BF_11914

$430 + free game.

Means the Assassin Creed bundle plus one game is $430 or are they talking about the free game being the Assassin's Creed game?

Yes the free game is AC

It includes an Xbox One console and controller, Kinect sensor, and the games Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.*

*Advanced TV hardware required. Initial set-up, updates, and some games and features require broadband internet and/or Kinect for Xbox One. Game downloads from Xbox Live; Assassin’s Creed Unity requires up to 50GB; Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag requires up to 23GB. Assassin’s Creed Unity available to play beginning November 11, 2014. ISP fees apply. Online multiplayer requires Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). Games and media content sold separately. See www.xbox.com/xboxone.

Edited by riven3d

Help!  Is this a good deal -Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle with Xbox One Play & Charge Kit and Extra Xbox One Wireless Controller for $389.99????

YES!!!

other ads have just the budle for $329, for an extra $60 you get the charge kit and an extra controller that can run $60 by itself

Last year I purchased the Xbox 360 w/kinect and with the exception of 2 games, the Kinect isn't used.

This year, I'll be purchasing the Xbox One for the Master Halo game and Forza 2. 

The kid has been playing the New Dragon Age game which was made for the Xbox one and PS4, but they did make a PS3 version. The game after playing it for a few hours causes the PS3 to screw up. The new games may come in the older platform, but they are made for the new.