Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

As I mentioned before, I am planning on getting my kids an Xbox 360.  My daughter will use it mostly for stuff like Kids Dance, Kinect Sports, etc. (I am hoping for a good deal on the Kinect as well).  My boys will use it mostly for Sports games.  They may get one Call of Duty game.  It looks like it is going to be a slim Christmas, so I am trying to use what I will have to get as much as possible.  Do you think the 4GB will be enough for those type games?  I believe that the 4 GB is usually cheaper.

I would not recommend the 4 gb. My boys needed a bigger HDD almost immediately. They play the fighting games like COD and Halo, and assassin' creed. Although you can plug in a flash drive, but some of the games require HDD space. I know Destiny required quite a lot. I don't know that 4 gb is even enough for that game.

If I were to buy a Wii u bundle would I need to buy an additional gamepad so 2 people can play?

I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Deluxe-Set-Super-U/dp/B00G0OYHCW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415365620&sr=1-1&keywords=wii+u+bundle.

What else would be needed for more people to play?

last I knew they dont sell the game pad by itself you only get the 1 that comes with the system, but you do need to buy extra controllers for more than 1 person to play at the same time.

Can you prepurchase games on the target deal? I need the smash brothers wii u game but it is not quite out yet.

until the ad comes out Im not sure, I would doubt it as they cant sell you something that they dont have

Edited by riven3d

If I were to buy a Wii u bundle would I need to buy an additional gamepad so 2 people can play?

I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Deluxe-Set-Super-U/dp/B00G0OYHCW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415365620&sr=1-1&keywords=wii+u+bundle.

What else would be needed for more people to play?

last I knew they dont sell the game pad by itself you only get the 1 that comes with the system, but you do need to buy extra controllers for more than 1 person to play at the same time.

Nintendo hasn't begun selling separate gamepads yet.  It was something that was talked about, but for some reason it never happened.

It would be SO awesome to have multiple gamepads for games like Madden.

The WiiU can use the same controllers the original Wii used.  So if you have those, they will work just fine.

$379 for the PS4 bundle?? Jump on it or not??

It depends what is included in the bundle.  I believe Dell is having a black friday bundle, ps4+gta V+last of us remastered for $400.  I think that's a great deal - ps4 @ regular price but with two great games.  I would probably wait to see what are the bundles offered on the ps4.  But that's with the understanding that most of their bundles, if not all of them, will be priced @ 400

I'm in the market for xbox one, forza horizon 2 game and Master Halo game.

The choices so far are

Kohl's $329 with $90 Kohl's cash =$239 (no games)

Target 329.99 with $50 gift card= $279.99 (2 AC games)

Walmart $379 w/Master Halo/ 12 months live & pick any game

or Master Halo bundle $329

The master Halo bundle with 12 months live and pick any additional game is the better deal for the $50 more.

What I'm going to do all depends on what I'm able to pick up Master Halo game,and Forza Horizon 2 game for. I hit the Best Buy sale last week and got the Xbox One AC bundle $349& free 12 months live- $35 movers and -$5.00 mystery coupon=$309

If I can pick up the 2 main games needed for $70, I'm good. If not, Return and buy at Walmart.

Can anyone tell me what the AC games are worth each and what the Master Halo game is worth?  I know the 12 months live is usually $59 (but we can usually get it around $34-$36 on sale this time of year).

I just want to make sure I am getting the best deal value-wise, if that makes sense, and I am being lazy :)  Is that Wal-Mart $379 deal a good one?  Is Master Halo a new game?  He likes the Halo series.

Thanks,

Nikki

Can anyone tell me what the AC games are worth each and what the Master Halo game is worth?  I know the 12 months live is usually $59 (but we can usually get it around $34-$36 on sale this time of year).

I just want to make sure I am getting the best deal value-wise, if that makes sense, and I am being lazy :)  Is that Wal-Mart $379 deal a good one?  Is Master Halo a new game?  He likes the Halo series.

Thanks,

Nikki

The new AC game just came out yesterday so it's a $59 game. AC Black Flag is an older game and probably in the $30-$40 range

Help me please!!!!

My boys 7 and 10 want either a ps4 or xbox one so they can play Madden. Their uncle keeps saying that ps4 is better. I've been keeping up with the bf posting on it, but my concern is which system to get. They're more into sport games and fun games. All the ps4 bundles come with last call and grand theft and I know I will not allow my boys to play those games. Please give me some insight on which route to go and what deal is really worth it. Thanks.

My son is 12 and wants a PS4.  My daughter is 10 and she says the kids that have an xbox one said they don't like it.  Either is fine for playing the sports games like Madden.  Don't worry too much about what games come with it, you can always take those games to gamestop and trade them in on the games they do want.  in most of these packages they're basically giving you the games for free.  What i have noticed is the prices were dropped for the Xbox one but every PS4 ad on BF is all at $399.  Xbox One's price is lower because they are being outsold.

• Like 1

Help me please!!!!

My boys 7 and 10 want either a ps4 or xbox one so they can play Madden. Their uncle keeps saying that ps4 is better. I've been keeping up with the bf posting on it, but my concern is which system to get. They're more into sport games and fun games. All the ps4 bundles come with last call and grand theft and I know I will not allow my boys to play those games. Please give me some insight on which route to go and what deal is really worth it. Thanks.

Both systems would be fine with games like madden. My dh has ps4, and ds16 has Xbox one, and both systems are great. I would check out the games available for both systems and go by that to which system you get. Edited by Kim3498
  • Like 1

I would suggest you take your Kids to the nearest Best Buy and play both consoles for a while. I've played both and the biggest difference is the feel of the controllers.

The ps 4 and Xbox one systems really don't have that many technical differences. There are particular games like Halo for Xbox One and Unchartered which is only for the PS. The particular games only made for one system and not the other and the feel of the controllers make the biggest difference. Before you invest $350 in a console, I would suggest have the kid play each and see which one they like the best and make sure the games the kid likes is being released on that console.

I agree I'm not buying a game about stealing cars and all the other smut in GTA, but each to the own. I think Sony picked a loser game for a bundle package. My kid wanted the Xbox One because of the Halo series is only on Xbox One. Now when next God of War or Uncharted game is released he may regret, because they are only PS games. 

• Like 1

now I find it interesting here on the xbox one bundles

Target: $329 w/ $50 GC AC Unity and Black Flag digitial downloads

Best Buy: $329 AC Unity Bundle

Walmart: $329 w/ $30 GC 1 hour guarentee  Halo The Master Chief Collecction, access to Halo Guardians beta. 4 classic Halo games and digitial series, Halo Nightfall

now taking out BB since they offer no GC with purchase deal

this leaves us with Target and a $50 GC or Walmart with a $30 GC

in my thoughts here Walmart has the better deal on it, as you get more games to start with for $20 less in GC.

It's about the games the console are bundled with. AC unity with the $50 card or Master Halo with the $30 card. Don't forget-  There's also another 5% off with the Red Target card.

The $50 card is like another game free and depending on the game because of their other games deals maybe 2 games. It would be like 3 or 4 games vs 1 game and $30 card which would be 1 additional game.

Target has an attractive deal.

So far the best deal on Master Halo game by itself is Target for 45.

As I understand Halo Master, it's the past Halo releases plus the newest in beta form. Xbox One is not backwards compatible and that's their bread and butter game so they bundled their previous releases and the newest which is still in beta form into 1 game release- Halo Master Chief Collection. Although those past releases can be found for Xbox 360 as individual games, for Xbox One Halo Master Chief Collection is 1 game release.

Good to know. I'm hoping since the games are bundle into 1 release that means it has all the add ons included as well. 

The $379 Walmart Master deal includes another game, your pick, and 12 months live and it's a .com sale. The Black Friday ads so far are offering 3 months Live at 1/2 price, but no 12 months deals yet. 

Help me please!!!!

In the end, it will come down to personal preferences.  Their are some caveats with what their uncle is saying.  The systems are very similar technically speaking; they both have 8gb of ram, for instance - however, sony went with ram that is much faster and much better, where MS opted for the cheaper slower ram.  Right now there is not much difference, but multiplatform games (games that come out on both systems) tend to perform better on the ps4.  This doesn't mean every game on ps4 outperforms the xbox one, but it has been the trend, and most believe it'll grow once developers learn how to take advantage of the better performing ram.  

Both will run and play a game like madden fine.  Are your children into baseball at all?  If so, the only real mlb licensed game is The Show, which is made by a sony owned company, and is exclusive to playstation.  Another issue is that so far the ps4 has outsold the xbox one by a good margin (which is why they have cut the price so massively in the US), so there may be an issue with what their friends are playing.  Kids tend to enjoy consoles more if they are the same ones their friends own.  

With regards to the games that are bundled with the ps4 - GTA5 and the Last of Us are great games.  The Last of Us is considered by many to be one of it's generations best games.  However, the Last of Us is not for kids.  I believe it comes as a download code so you can't re-sell it at gamestop, but you should be able to sell it online, craigslist, etc.  GTA5 should be easy to sell at gamestop or online also, or trade it for a game like Little Big Planet 3, or something similar.  I think you'll have a similar dilemma with the xbox bundles.  They are probably too young to play the games that are bundled (Halo, assassin's creed), so you'll have to sell those too.  

So, we're pretty much back to square one, lol.  In the end of the day, it comes down to preference.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I would tend to agree the PS4 CAN be a little bit faster due to the faster ram in the machine, though MS has done some things to make up for it. All in all I usually tell people look at what their friends have and PLAY and then go with that. They will most likely get into playing online with their friends and then you need the same systems. All in All this current gen is VERY similar in specs and speed and each will have it's exclusives, there really isn't one I would call flat out better now.