Official Black Friday HDTV Discussion Thread

Brad

The Channel Master DVR+ will be on sale for $175 from 6-11 AM pacific BF and CM. There is a limit of three per account.

Thanks. Just got store pickup confirmation on 46" rca which came to like 249 after aunts discounts, shop your way rewards and cash back incentives. Might look into cheap sound system or bar cause sound reviews stink

Thanks. Just got store pickup confirmation on 46" rca which came to like 249 after aunts discounts, shop your way rewards and cash back incentives. Might look into cheap sound system or bar cause sound reviews stink

You're welcome.  Hope it works out.  Let your ears decide on the sound system.  A lot of people are fine with 10 speakers.  A sound bar just complicates things.

I feel like I'm threadjacking now....Considering the tv is 1080p would it make any difference to upgrade the dvd player to a bluray MAINLY for the dvd upgrade benefit?

It would depend on how well your existing DVD player upconverts.  Chances are the DVD player does not upconvert at all, and you will see a difference in that case.

I love this one at Best Buy for $59 on BF.  Review by me here of the unit it replaced.  Great picture, terrific upconverting, lots of native apps plus Opera App Store, and nice playback of USB attached disks.  Best of all, most people will be chasing the door buster, so you have a great shot at getting one of these.

Sure especially when you consider the price you can get a BR player on BF

This is what I was thinking...so will probably get the bluray player for christmas and then her bday is in late january thRow in some cheap kids movies. She's very PG :P

I may be going the best buy route for my dslr anyhow so might as well throw some other stuff at it and see if I can meet elite status for next year.

Edited by tinkrbel

I feel like I'm threadjacking now....Considering the tv is 1080p would it make any difference to upgrade the dvd player to a bluray MAINLY for the dvd upgrade benefit?

What kind of TV are your using right now?

If you're watching DVD's via a DVD player on a HDTV, then the HDTV is currently handling the upconversion from the DVD player.  If the HDTV is a good quality unit, it may be doing a fine job of upconverting, but this depends entirely on the unit.  Replacing the DVD player with a BluRay player, even a cheap one, shouldn't make things worse.  At least, if it does, you should be able to read the manual on the BluRay player and find the option to just continue to push the unconverted DVD signal to the HDTV just like the old DVD player did and continue to let the HDTV to the upconversion.  But it's possible that the BluRay has a better upconversion capability and you may realize a better picture right out of the box.  That would be nice.

Either way though, using the BluRay player grants you the ability to now enjoy BluRay's.  And you will most definitely notice an improvement in image quality when watching BluRays!  Not to mention the improvement in sound as well.

• Like 1

I need a new tv for my bedroom. Is the 32 inch tv for $98.00 at walmart a good deal? I was trying to get the 40 inch for $119.00 at Target but can't make it there cause its farther. Do you think there is a good chance it will be online? My dh will probably be working cause there is a college football game here and my I don't want to take my son with me cause he will see gifts. So, I will be alone and the less I got to get in store the better.

I need a new tv for my bedroom. Is the 32 inch tv for $98.00 at walmart a good deal? I was trying to get the 40 inch for $119.00 at Target but can't make it there cause its farther. Do you think there is a good chance it will be online? My dh will probably be working cause there is a college football game here and my I don't want to take my son with me cause he will see gifts. So, I will be alone and the less I got to get in store the better.

I am wondering the same thing! Best Buy has a 50 panasonic for 199 but good luck with that,I tell myself..lol..

Jenn

Best buy has a 32 inch Westinghouse for $129 right now online. No waiting in line... I have this exact tv and it's done great for us. I picked up another one.

Yeah, the 32in for $98 is a good deal.

The 40in for $119 is a better deal.

But in my opinion, that 50in for $199 is the pick of the litter.

(sob) our 50" RCA we bought in September is dead already, and beyond the warranty time as i didnt buy the extended from Kmart. 

Whats the best deal this BF for a 50" ? I mean one that i might actually have a chance at buying, unlike the nice $199 one a BB doorbusters.

If you bought it with a credit card, check to see if you're covered with an extended warranty from that angle.  I know my Cap One card does that.

If you bought it with a credit card, check to see if you're covered with an extended warranty from that angle.  I know my Cap One card does that.

Used my Paypal debit card. I emailed them to see if there was any warranty benefit.

Nope, nada...they referred me to the manufacturer, pfft.

Edited by Cinnamonhuskies

What kind of TV are your using right now?

My aunt has an old crt type tv from the 80's probably with a free or cheap dvd player from kmart BF some years ago. Just the tv is an upgrade :P I think I might hold off on the bluray and see what deals are going on sound bars or even pc speakers. After ALL THIS...she's coming with us to pick up tv today and may decide its too big after complaining that my parents 32 was too small. We'll see....

Ugh. TV installed bluray player on the way. Associate discount brought TV down to 214 and was almost tax free due to cash back site. Now i need to find a good hd antenna to get rid of her over the air box and improve signal hopefully and then to program universal remote and write down and possibly laminate/contact paper the instructions for use