What are the Hot Toys for Black Friday / Christmas 2014?

alovecolley

I am always anxious to see what the hot toys are each year. With my older 2 being 24 and 20 I am a little bit out of the loop when it comes to my 6 year old. I have already gotten her the talking bird and realistic butterfly and some of the new Frozen toys. What else do you think will be in high demand?
  • Like 1

I have a 6 year old as a well and I'm in the same boat with her (also have a 12 y.o. girl)...I was eyeing the new leapfrog wii-like system for her. We have a wii and she enjoys it, but was thinking of getting that too so that she can play games with the cartoon characters she loves. That's as far as I got! Lol

Here is what I have been able to find so far:

Hot Toys 2014 List

Zoomer Zuppies Interactive Puppy - Zoomer Zuppies are your personal interactive puppies that love to play with you. The more you play, the more you unlock.

Disney Frozen Toys - If you liked the hit animated movie Frozen, then you'll love these toys! Kids will enjoy re-creating the icy cool adventures in Arendelle.

LeapFrog LeapBand - Experience the first activity tracker made for kids - LeapBand is fit made fun! Encourages active play and healthy choices. Ages 4-7 years. Comes in three colors.

LEGO Minecraft Micro World: The End - Experience The End, a new biome in the LEGO Minecraft micro-world. Includes the Ender Dragon and 4 Enderman Micro mob. Venture through the End Portal and reach The End dimension, then let destiny take its course!

Hot Wheels Street Hawk Remote-Control Flying Car - Ever wonder what it would be like if cars could fly? Now kids can live that thrill and see a Hot Wheels RC take to the skies with the all-new Street Hawk.

Zoomer Interactive Puppy - Zoomer is back for 2014! He's another year older and twice as smart! With 2X the tricks, he can't wait to bark, talk, scoot around and play with you!

Boomer Interactive Zoomer Dino - Boomer’s the interactive dinosaur who just loves to play. With real dinosaur movements, sounds, and dino-sense responsiveness, Boomer can detect when you’re interacting with him.

Monster High Freaky Fusion Dolls - In a freaky twist of adventure, some of the favorite Monster High ghouls get accidentally fused together in ways never seen before!

BOOMco. Rapid Madness Blaster - The BOOMco. Rapid Madness Blaster is air-powered (no batteries needed!) and its 20-dart clip is specially designed not to jam, delivering amazing blasting action in seconds. Fires up to 50 feet!

Paw Patrol Toys - Get fired up with Marshall and the rest of the Paw Patrol by collecting the entire line of Paw Patrol vehicles! Together, your child’s imagination will be lit up with pup inspired rescue missions full of friendship, teamwork and bravery.

LeapFrog LeapPad3 Kids' Learning Tablet - Hands off my iPad! The #1 learning tablet for kids 4-9 just got better! Includes WiFi, recharger, hi-res touch screen, built-in camera and video recorder!

Playskool Sesame Street Let's Imagine Elmo - Let's Imagine Elmo is trying on different fun hats, and he's inviting your little one to sing, count, and play along with him! Whether he's a counting cowboy, playful prince, singing sea captain, or just being himself, Elmo has 4 playful interactive modes with games, songs, and actions.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Nerf Cam ECS-12 Blaster - Capture your NERF blaster battles as they happen with the Nerf Cam ECS-12 blaster! This new video blaster from the Nerf brand has a built-in camera to record the action (photos and videos!) from your POV as you launch into dart-firing fun.

Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Toys - From the Guardians of the Galaxy film comes the Guardians of the Galaxy Toys. Collect them all!

Yvolution Y Velo Balance Bike - The new and stylish Y Velo balance bike for kids aged 3 years and over. Learn to bicycle without the need for stabilizers or training wheels.

VTech InnoTab 3S Plus Learning Tablet - New, compact and lightweight design, the cutting edge of technology just got sharper with the InnoTab 3S Learning App Tablet by VTech.

Deluxe Light Up Flutterbye Fairy - Flutterbye Fairies really fly and now they even light up the sky! You won’t believe your eyes as she magically sparkles and shines while in flight, with a dazzling rainbow display of multi-colored light!

LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1 - LEGO fun at it's best - This fun and iconic vehicle from the blockbuster '80s movie is fully loaded with all the paranormal detection equipment needed to track down those ghastly ghosts. 4 mini-figures with proton packs included.

Beados Super Studio - The Beados Super Studio is an all in one station for you to make, spray and dry your Beados designs! With a quick dry fan to dry your Beados in half the time, lots of bead pod storage, a design tray, scoop pen and 500 Beados included.

VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch - The new VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch is the smartest watch for kids! Perfect for young photographers, this durable smartwatch makes it easy to take photos and record videos on the go.

Crayola Paint Maker - Creating your own custom paint colors is fun, fast, and easy with the Crayola Paint Maker. This interactive kit comes with a mixing guide to help you create 15 unique paint colors.

Star Realms Deckbuilding Game - Fun, this amazingly rich yet easy to learn game is portable, expandable and beautiful. Rich full color artwork brings this science fiction universe to life!

WowWee MiP Robot - Meet MiP, the gesture controlled robot with big personality! With GestureSense technology, any hand motion controls MiP.

Simon Swipe Game - It's a modern twist on the popular Simon game, the classic fast-action game where you need to remember and repeat the patterns.

Chatsters - Gabby Interactive Doll - Chatsters are super fun interactive BFFs! Gabby has lots to say about fashion tips, food, her fluffy puppy and all kinds of girly fun! With six interactive accessories, you’ll have tons of fun as you chat, unlock games, perform makeovers and more!

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar - Open a window every day to reveal 24 different LEGO Star Wars-themed gifts. 266 pieces in all.

LEGO City Advent Calendar - Open a door every day to reveal 24 different LEGO City-themed gifts. 232 pieces in all.

• Like 2

LEGO will release another wave of the Friends-like Disney Princess sets. Included is a Frozen set. That's a must have in my shopping book! (For the record, there is also one from sleeping beauty, alladin, and another little mermaid set).

Official release is Jan 2015. History says we will see them about a week before Xmas from limited retailers. Not nearly enough time to create the blogged, frenzied, escalated prices of the "must have" toy.

Walmart just released the new 2014 Top 20 Toys List for the upcoming holiday season & it doesn't disappoint. Just like last year, Walmart surveyed hundreds of kids by turning them loose on the hottest new toys from big brands like Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master and more. The results revealed new trends and changing tastes in toys. And with their feedback Walmart is stocking their shelves with more artsy, classics, and electronic toys. Also in high demand were this years blockbusters like Disney’s Frozen, interactive electronic games, and throwback classics like Hot Wheels and Nerf guns.

This years picks from Walmarts focus group of children will unveil the following Top 20 Toy Deals:

Spin Master Sew Cool Sewing Machine
Moose Toys Beados Quick Dry Design Station
Maya Group Make Your Case Cell Phone Cover Kit
Jakks Snow Glow Elsa Doll
Just Play Doc McStuffins Get Better Talking Mobile
Disney Palace Pets Magic Dance Pumpkin
Razor Crazy Cart Spinning Go Kart
Spin Master Flutterbye Light Up Fairy
Spin Master Zoomer Dino
Leapfrog LeapTV
Vtech Kidizoom Smartwatch
Hasbro FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin’ Pup Pet
Spin Master Air Hogs Zero Gravity Laser Racer
Mattel Hot Wheels Street Remote Control Flying Car
Nerf N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-in-1 Blaster
Zing Airstorm Firetech Bow
Vtech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Ultimate Amazement Park Playset
Mattel Barbie Glam Camper
Mattel Hot Wheels Track Builder Total Turbo Takeover
Fisher Price Little People Musical Preschool

For those parents who dread holiday shopping, Walmart plans to cut down on long lines by keeping every checkout counter open throughout the holiday season. At the same time Walmart will be introducing the new layaway program which begins this Friday, Sept. 12th with a list of eligible products that include toys, entertainment, and sporting goods. Walmart has tried to make your shopping experience a breeze this year so happy shopping to all!

Okay guys and gals - Toys-R-Us has just released their
2014 Hot Toy List

http://img.dealspl.us/ai/320_0/dealimage/20000/2792000/2792713_1410895041.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/cms_widgets/23/61/2361064_assets/091614_Slide1.jpg

Here is a LINK to check out what they have to say. :)

Edited by magickallight

Wish that option had been available when my kids were little! They wanted EVERYTHING they saw on commercials! Uggggh!

My 20 year old still asks for everything lol. He was terrible to bring shopping. Finally got to the point I told him it'd cost him $1 every time he asked for something. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My dd8 wants mostly EVERYTHING FROZEN, lego friends, and American girl things. My ds 6 is still obsessed with Disney Cars so he still wants a bunch of die cast cars to add to his collection, planes fire and rescue toys, and PAW patrol which I know are hot toys this year....My dd12 wants a sewing machine, fabric, and art stuff so I know I will be able to find some good deals there. 

Amazon has released their hot toys - there are tons of them - good link to bookmark as these will be going on and off sale throughout the season... you can use the discount amount links on the left side of the page and pull up toys that are 50% or more off - sometimes you can catch some really good deals that way...

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/img14/events/holiday-toy-list/headers/9381_HTL_800x80_2._V324576576_.png

SEE ALL the toys HERE

Edited by magickallight

I bought my nephew the Fisher Price LIttle People City Skyway that I have seen on the hot lists. I am now seeing another set which is Go Go Smart Wheels Ultimate Amazement Park by Vtech. They are both showing on different hot list but which one is best? My nephew is 2 and going to be 3 in March

^^^Diana03 As a nanny to a 3 year old who is crazy for firetrucks (fireman for Halloween this year) I personally like the Vtech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Fire Command Rescue Center better than the Amazement Park one.  The park is really big and takes up a larger footprint.  Which is fine if you have the space but little ones like to get down on their bellies and play with their "cars and trucks".  The standing and playing is great with kitchens and workshops but for the cars, trucks and planes, the floor and little tables work great.  My little guy has the Fisher Price tall loopy thing for his fisher price cars little people and he doesn't play with it much, rather he takes the cars and plays on his car mat or just on the floor.

Hope this helps.  The fire station seems to be $24.99 at TRU vs. 29.99 at amazon and not in stock at walmart.

I just picked up the Snow Glow Elsa Doll.  It's on sale for $28.88 at Wal-Mart (originally close to $40 I believe).  The cashier at the site to store pick-up said that these have been a hot item for Layaway this year.  Might want to check it out if you're wanting to get a jumpstart.

I'm keeping my eye out on the Doc McStuffins Mobile check-up center for DD4; retail is 49.99 and Target will have it next week for 44.99. I don't know if I want to get it at that price along with my red card discount or wait for the TRU big toy book and Target's toy book to see if there's a coupon or if it will drop a little lower in price.

I know it's a hot item so I don't want to wait too long and get stuck on a search as this is the 1 definite toy I know she wants.

^^^Diana03 As a nanny to a 3 year old who is crazy for firetrucks (fireman for Halloween this year) I personally like the Vtech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Fire Command Rescue Center better than the Amazement Park one.  The park is really big and takes up a larger footprint.  Which is fine if you have the space but little ones like to get down on their bellies and play with their "cars and trucks".  The standing and playing is great with kitchens and workshops but for the cars, trucks and planes, the floor and little tables work great.  My little guy has the Fisher Price tall loopy thing for his fisher price cars little people and he doesn't play with it much, rather he takes the cars and plays on his car mat or just on the floor.

Hope this helps.  The fire station seems to be $24.99 at TRU vs. 29.99 at amazon and not in stock at walmart.

Thanks for the info. . I found a really good deal on the Fisher Price City Center and got that one. We are going to look at the Fire Station also because I know he will love that also

I'm keeping my eye out on the Doc McStuffins Mobile check-up center for DD4; retail is 49.99 and Target will have it next week for 44.99. I don't know if I want to get it at that price along with my red card discount or wait for the TRU big toy book and Target's toy book to see if there's a coupon or if it will drop a little lower in price.

I know it's a hot item so I don't want to wait too long and get stuck on a search as this is the 1 definite toy I know she wants.

Could you buy now and return it if you get a better deal?? I would hate you to miss out.