Walmart Layaway?

gatorburg

Wow! That's early. Wonder when they're gonna put out an official statement... Maybe tomorrow?

I'd expect to have already heard considering the 29th is Friday. If they actually are opening it then wouldn't they want to publicize that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd expect to have already heard considering the 29th is Friday. If they actually are opening it then wouldn't they want to publicize that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! Totally agree with you... I'm thinking it'll be mid-September again. They're still pushing for back-to-school sales. I expect to see something in the next week or so.

Just found this! Looks like Sept 12 is the start date

Edited by mommyofanangelb

And when I go back which should be this evening, maybe tomorrow morning as I have an order to pick up, I will get a pic of the large banner that they have up outside stating that Christmas layaway starts August 29th. I mean, I have no reason to lie or make this up, lol.

Here's the phone number if y'all wanna give them a call. I just called myself and was told August 29th.

(606) 789 - 8920.

Edited by jade2002

All items are eligible for layaway this year except for food or parishable items.

My local Walmart is anyways, not sure about others since it seems that mine is the only Walmart that has started Christmas layaway.

Edited by jade2002

I went to the Walmart in North Smithfield, RI and was told Layaway starts on the 12th but for associates only, that it didn't start for customers until a week later?! I called another local Walmart and they stated they started on the 12th. Sounds like NS is being sneaky!

I wonder why layaway is not the same everywhere this year? Hasn't it always been? Ours started August 29th and all items are eligible for layaway except food/parishable items. They have a sign up that says all items are eligble but I was still unsure so I asked a manager back in site to store the other day and she said ALL items were except food. Seems like it would be the same in all locations but I guess not.

And gatorbug, layaway is still back in site to store for us.

http://img.dealspl.us/ai/320_0/dealimage/20000/2774000/2774113_1410539937.jpg

Here are the official guidelines of the layaway program...

Layaway is available in stores this holiday season from September 12, 2014 through December 15, 2014. Certain store locations offer layaway year round for jewelry purchases only. Layaway is not offered for online purchases.

Layaway information:

How it works:

There’s no opening fee
Down payment is $10 or 10%, whichever is greater

The rules:

Minimums – Individual items must be $15 or greater. Total purchases must be $50 or greater
Terms – Final payment and pickup must be made on or before December 15 at the same store layaway was initiated (or order will be canceled).
Cancellation – If account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee.
Returns – Walmart Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions.

Pickup & pay:

Location – Layaway is initiated and picked up at the Service Desk. Payments can be made at any register.
Timing – Some layaway items may be stored at a location other than where the layaway account was opened. All items stored remotely will be available for pickup within 10 days of paying the balance due, but no later than December 15, 2014.

Restrictions:

In stores only (not available for online purchases)
Available for electronics, toys, select sporting goods, small appliances and jewelry
Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
Layaway not available on Friday, November 28th.

See your local Walmart store’s service desk for more details.

Edited by magickallight

Well good thing I had the money saved up.  I went to put a dell windows tablet on layaway they would not let it go on layaway because it was on sale. uggggg I brought it anyways cause been wanting one. It just been one of those days where nothing seems to go right. 

Well good thing I had the money saved up.  I went to put a dell windows tablet on layaway they would not let it go on layaway because it was on sale. uggggg I brought it anyways cause been wanting one. It just been one of those days where nothing seems to go right. 

That doesn't make sense. It didn't say that you couldn't put sale items on layaway.