Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Just wow.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 20, 2004 - 9:02 pm

I cannot believe how fast and easy it was to add an A record under direct admin. I made my changes, and instantly it propogated. (If that is the right term in this case.) I'm lovin' it though I must say!

#2 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 20, 2004 - 9:51 pm

How long would other control panels take?

#3 geekgirldany  OFFLINE  

geekgirldany

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 20, 2004 - 11:27 pm

I think its just the new faster propogation times. I moved a several hosting accounts over to ServInt VPS. I moved all the sites first on Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday I changed my the IP numbers at godaddy for the reseller account. They immediately started showing up late Sunday night/ early Monday morning. Tonight the IP changes are showing up at DNSSTUFF. I'm going to let the old hosting account sit til tomorrow then I'm getting it switched off.

#4 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 21, 2004 - 12:30 pm

How long would other control panels take?

The last time I had any A Records created was about 2 years ago when I was using JaguarPC. I don't remember if it took effect as fast as ServInt did, but I doubt since I was shocked at the speed of it.

#5 steveh  OFFLINE  

steveh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 22, 2004 - 2:25 pm

I would also have to agree that this is probably because of the new faster propogation times. I registered a new .com yesterday (using enom). It propogated in less than 5 minutes, compared to the former process which took 24 to 72 hours...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users