Doll House

kiwi2121

I am searching for a doll house...a tall one with about 3 levels that is plastic /wood....here is an example!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-5-Wooden-Doll-House-Barbie-Dollhouse-Furniture-BIN_W0QQitemZ5647686118QQcategoryZ15959QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I didnt think of this until after xmas so I havent even looked at any stores for one...anyone know/ see of any deals ???? thanks.

I bought one of these for my daughter for Christmas. (Not exactly the same, but close) They have them at toys r us. I watched them all season though and they never did go on sale. We got ours for 99.00 with 10% off for some promo. HOpe you can find one. (by the way....She LOVES it)

I also bought the one from Toys R Us and my girls love it. Go to amazon.com and search for Imaginarium Doll House and it will come up (I can't make a link). It did go on sale for one week before Christmas, but it doesn't go on sale often. I bought it for 89.99. My girls love it!!!! and it was easy to assemble.

The second dollhouse from jcpenny's is really great. My sister got this for my niece who is 4. She orginally wanted the glitter dream house from imaginarum (sp). However, it has been sold out since before Thanksgiving. She ordered 3 different ones before deciding this was the one. It is big, but I think it is one that she will be able to play with for a very long time and not outgrown.

thanks everyone..I ll keep my eyes open...Maybe I can even get my hubby to make one.

I made one for my daughter. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to buy so I made it. We had some scrap wood left from a house remodeling we did last summer so that was basically free. We shingled it with wood shingles. I painted 3 of the rooms and used contact paper for wall paper on the other 2. I used sticky floor tile from the dollar store in 3 rooms and used scrap carpet in the other 2. I took wall stickers also from the dollar store, laminated them, and used ticky tacky (that restickable putty). This way she can change the wall things around. I had some samples from when we ordered wooden blinds so I used that for her window covering. I just found I could be a lot more creative and we can change things as we go. The peak if 5 ft high and it is just about 5 ft wide as well. All of the rooms comfortably fit barbies or bratz. I'll try to add a picture, hope it works

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/haulinbuns/100_1116.jpg

I made one for my daughter. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to buy so I made it. We had some scrap wood left from a house remodeling we did last summer so that was basically free. We shingled it with wood shingles. I painted 3 of the rooms and used contact paper for wall paper on the other 2. I used sticky floor tile from the dollar store in 3 rooms and used scrap carpet in the other 2. I took wall stickers also from the dollar store, laminated them, and used ticky tacky (that restickable putty). This way she can change the wall things around. I had some samples from when we ordered wooden blinds so I used that for her window covering. I just found I could be a lot more creative and we can change things as we go. The peak if 5 ft high and it is just about 5 ft wide as well. All of the rooms comfortably fit barbies or bratz. I'll try to add a picture, hope it works

Did you use some type of design plan for this? Did you make up a plan and happen to still know it? Or do you know the dimensions of everything? This would be a great project for me, and I know I could find everything supper cheap. Please let me know.

Thank you!

And btw, that is one HECK of a fantastic doll house you made. Very good!

Patty

We got our daughter the Step2 Fashion Place for Christmas. This thing is huge and made of that hard plastic that lasts forever! It even comes with furniture. We ordered it directly from the Step2 website from the clearance section. It is regularly $79.99 marked down to $44.99 and it is still available if you're interested.

http://www.step2.com/direct/specials.cfm?stp2ssid=7C00DF18-1143-E489-2D86E125DC6DAE21&action=details&product_id=1163

My daughter has one that my uncle made (he used the dimensions of the one from Pottery Barn kids. It's very similiar to the one pictured above but taller) and she had the one from Jcpenneys (we bought it 3 years ago from Spiegel and it still looked new) and she just gave it to my nieces. She really wants the one with the elevator in it from Toysrus.

How it all started is I saw one in a magazine where they took one of those cheap pressed wood book cases you can buy or find at a garage sale and turned it into a doll house. So that was my plan but I couldn't find one cheap that I liked. Then we did our own housing project this summer and had some scrap wood left so I thought what the heck.

The peak is 55". The 2 floors together (straight sides) are 36" high and 11" wide. The overall width of the doll house is 50" so each room is about 16" high, 22-28" wide, and 11" deep except the "attic". I maybe would have added a third floor if I was to redo it but who knows. It is shingled with wood shingles. There are handles on each side as it is really heavy to lift otherwise. It is really pretty big.

It was inexpensive and fun. I like that most of the stuff can be changed easily. I can repaint any of it. You could do chalk board paint of the sides or back. I put funky stickers all over the sides. You could do trees and flowers, doors windows etc... You could use glow in the dark paint for the stars instead of stickers. The floor tiles can be changed really easily and so can the wall paper because it's just sticky contact paper. I thought about cutting some cheap bead necklaces to make door beads in the bed room but haven't yet.

My daughter put polly pockets in the "attic", bratz in 2 rooms and barbies in 2 rooms and called it an apartment building one day. It was a blast. My daughter loves that all the blinds, laminated stickers, and wall decorations are attached with that ticky tacky putty so she can change the rooms and the look of everything. I plan on making more wall decorations as time goes on. Maybe pictures of the sky, clouds, birds, etc... to put under the blinds so barbie can look out the window?

The possibilities are endless.....

I bought my daughter the same one you are looking at on ebay, I got mine at Jcpenney. For the house and "free" furniture it cost me $120 with shipping. I really love the dollhouse, it is huge though!! I thought the furniture was not so great though. I would not have paid extra for the furniture.